Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Galveston getaway

Saturday afternoon, Jacob and I ventured down to Galveston for a little R&R without the little guy. We met my parents earlier that day and handed off their grandson for the evening. This was my Valentine's gift to Jacob and it couldn't have come at a better time. We both have been going and going and haven't had much time to ourselves, so this was perfect. We stayed at the Galvez, which was wonderful, and we had dinner at the Fisherman's Wharf (not so yummy but the atmosphere was pretty neat). Then after dinner we headed back to the hotel and just hung out in the lobby having a few drinks and people watching. We woke up to a gorgeous Sunday morning and slowly but surely made our way back north on I-45. We truly enjoyed ourselves and we promised each other we would try to take a weekend every other month or so and do something just the two of us. I hope we can live up to that promise! Now for a few pictures.



Jacob at the Galvez before dinner.



We took a lot of self portraits since it was just the two of us and I hate bothering others to take our picture. The Hoffarts before dinner!

This picture was funny to me because right before he took this picture he said "chin down Jacob" as a reminder to himself and this is what happened.......


This was at dinner - I had the timer set up and I was going to get a picture of me kissing him on the cheek and he turned - oops. We have a bunch of these from our honeymoon - kissing pictures! Yessssss : )



After dinner - before calling it a night we stopped someone to take our picture.



Sunday was absolutely gorgeous!!! Here is the Galez looking AMAZING on this gorgeous day.


View from the front of the hotel.


Another self portrait with the hotel in the background.



Now the beach in the background - doesn't the beach look great! I have never seen Galveston look so pretty.


Then some lady felt bad for us because we took so many self portraits.


Jacob took over camera duties and took some scenery pictures.


The poor Flagship was not looking so hot.




One last picture before we headed to my grandparents house for my grandfather's birthday (next post). Big huge THANK YOU to Mia and Papa Sam and April for keeping Wyatt while we were able to enjoy some time alone in Galveston! We love you guys!!!

2 comments:

April said...

The pictures are so good! Looks like yall had a great time and I'm glad the weather cooperated! Hopefully next time dinner will be a little better. You know you don't have to ask me (or us) twice to keep Wyatt! We have plenty of fun without yall!!!

The Anglins said...

I'm impressed -- y'all are really good at taking self-portraits! Usually we only get one of our faces in the frame with half of the other person's. Sounds like you guys had a good time!