My poor baby has been sick since Saturday and it has NOT been a very fun virus - in fact it has been a very UGLY, mean virus. Wyatt started running a fever Saturday night. We were up most of the night Saturday/Sunday morning crying and needing to be held. He ran a fever all day on Sunday and would barely eat a thing. He nursed just fine but didn't eat anything else. He drooled like a mad man and just fussed and whined and cried when he wasn't sleep - like a cry of "I'm hurting mommy." SOOOOOO SAD : ( Mommy cried a little bit also.
Jacob kept Wyatt on Monday and made a doctor's appointment when he noticed a rash pretty much all over his body - all up and down his legs and feet, hands, bottom and surrounding area, and a little bit on his face. We took him to the doctor and she took one look at him and said "I bet I know what this is, just let me look in his mouth." As soon as she said that I knew what she thought it was - the nasty hand, foot and mouth virus. Sure enough she looked in his mouth and showed both of us nasty sores in the bottom of his throat. My poor baby! No wonder he couldn't/wouldn't eat - it was too painful for him to swallow anything. AWFUL VIRUS. She gave us something to help with the pain and gave us suggestions for making sure he stays hydrated but just like any virus, it just has to run its course. However, we are on the downhill side of it and I am so glad for that. She said once they get it, they won't get it again - thank goodness! His appetite is on the up swing and he is not being as needy but he still isn't 100% - but we are close.
I am sorry for anyone who has to deal with this in the future - it is NOT fun at all. Boo - hand, foot and mouth virus - you stink!

2 comments:
Jade had that virus when she was about 18 months old. I remember trying to give her chicken strips and she wouldn't eat it, and I got mad at her for not eating. Finally she said her mouth hurt (fortunately she was old enough to tell me what was going on) and when I looked inside there where sores all in her mouth. I felt like such a great mom! That virus is horrible! I'm glad he's starting to feel better.
I love all your pictures. I'm so sorry that Wyatt is not feeling good. I hate seeing my little girl sick.
I hope he gets through this junk and is back to his normal self.
I'm sure one day he will be very upset at you for the half naked pictures, but that's the fun of being mom! hahahah
Post a Comment