I will let the pictures do the talking on this post. I have been horrible about getting on the computer and updating my blog or even checking email. This whole newborn thing is a bit more challenging than I thought. My son seems to want to eat ALL the time - yes, I know he is a growing boy but still! Give mom a break every once in a while : )
Sweet little boy bundled up for a trip to the doctor's office. Shortly after getting in the car, the crying begins! He HATES riding in the car. It is quite painful to listen to how upset he gets. It doesn't matter that I ride right next to him and sing songs and talk to him. Anyone else ever experience a child that hates being in his car seat and cries the entire car trip? If so, any suggestions on something I can do or try or does it just kind of work itself out with time?? Riding in the car is not just going to go away, you know! He will have to get use to it and stop crying.............help anyone?!

Wyatt and daddy having a moment on the couch together - Wyatt was sucking on his thumb.....so sweet!


Chillin' on the boppy - I think this was his 3-week old picture - geez I am horrible! Arms in motion - it looks like he is directing a band or something.

He really isn't that big of a pacifier boy - just sometimes it soothes him. He sure does look very serious - he is probably going to the bathroom!

So we have tried to the swing a few more times and he is doing better with it - I am able to keep him in the swing for a bit longer now before he gets bored. Max is always such a great helper!

I had to add this picture because it kind of looks like he has blonde hair in this picture!

More boppy time...........I like this little onesie that my mom gave him......"That's it...I am going to grandma's!"


Wyatt and Aunt April in their green shirts.

Max has had enough fun with the baby, he is ready to go to CS with April.

More swing monitoring by Maxwell! What would we do without Max?!

The big exciting news of the week......now you see the umbilical cord.......

Now you don't! Yay....we have a belly button! And now we can take a big boy bath - woo-hoo! So it fell off after three weeks and three days if anyone is interested.

Sweet little boy bundled up for a trip to the doctor's office. Shortly after getting in the car, the crying begins! He HATES riding in the car. It is quite painful to listen to how upset he gets. It doesn't matter that I ride right next to him and sing songs and talk to him. Anyone else ever experience a child that hates being in his car seat and cries the entire car trip? If so, any suggestions on something I can do or try or does it just kind of work itself out with time?? Riding in the car is not just going to go away, you know! He will have to get use to it and stop crying.............help anyone?!
Moving on...............
Wyatt and daddy having a moment on the couch together - Wyatt was sucking on his thumb.....so sweet!
Chillin' on the boppy - I think this was his 3-week old picture - geez I am horrible! Arms in motion - it looks like he is directing a band or something.
He really isn't that big of a pacifier boy - just sometimes it soothes him. He sure does look very serious - he is probably going to the bathroom!
So we have tried to the swing a few more times and he is doing better with it - I am able to keep him in the swing for a bit longer now before he gets bored. Max is always such a great helper!
I had to add this picture because it kind of looks like he has blonde hair in this picture!
More boppy time...........I like this little onesie that my mom gave him......"That's it...I am going to grandma's!"
Wyatt and Aunt April in their green shirts.
Max has had enough fun with the baby, he is ready to go to CS with April.
More swing monitoring by Maxwell! What would we do without Max?!
The big exciting news of the week......now you see the umbilical cord.......
Now you don't! Yay....we have a belly button! And now we can take a big boy bath - woo-hoo! So it fell off after three weeks and three days if anyone is interested.
Sunday night April and I went over to the market area and walked on the waterway with Wyatt and then we hung out near the Pavilion to take in the Kenny Chesney concert - well we actually didn't hear any Kenny but we did listen to the opening bands. I can't remember the first band but the second was Miranda Lambert. So this is Wyatt's first concert experience!


Gotta have a self portrait!

Mom and Wyatt taking in some good live music. It was sooooooooooo nice to get out of the house. I just wish the boy wouldn't scream in the car or when he is in his car seat. That is the next task we need to conquer - how to just relax while in the stroller or in the car. Again any suggestions or advice are most definitely welcome.
Oh yes and some dinner for the growing boy! Love my "hooter hider".

Wow - that was a lot of pics - sorry I am not doing a great job staying on top of my blog. I will try to be better but no guarantees!!
Mom and Wyatt taking in some good live music. It was sooooooooooo nice to get out of the house. I just wish the boy wouldn't scream in the car or when he is in his car seat. That is the next task we need to conquer - how to just relax while in the stroller or in the car. Again any suggestions or advice are most definitely welcome.
Wow - that was a lot of pics - sorry I am not doing a great job staying on top of my blog. I will try to be better but no guarantees!!
Wyatt will be one month this Saturday! Crazy how time flies yet it seems like he is has been here forever.

6 comments:
You are doing a great job, newborns are just needy. As for the car, it will get better, I don't know any tricks, just keep doing it :) Oh and its not talked about on this post but April told me about the peeing, its such a boy thing, Ali never had that issue. Wyatt is adorable!!!
Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, then Kenny Chesney, but we didn't stay for Kenny. I can't wait to go back for more free concerts! Next time we'll be more prepared with blankets, food, drinks, bug spray, toys, etc.! So fun!
Ah...this brings me back to when Quinn was a baby. He was ALWAYS hungry, also hated bathtime, and screamed bloody murder anytime we got in the car. Trips to CS were NO FUN! I tried everything; nothing really worked. I seemed to always have my arm bent backwards, trying to soothe him, while also trying to safely drive. I don't recommend. When the seat turns around, it's better! Or when another sibling comes along... :)
Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome!
P.S. April, your hair looks awesome!
I know you're doing great as a new mommy...hang in there! The car will get better...just a phase. Maybe you could listen to an ipod?
Kim - thanks! I think Emily was the only one that didn't notice ;) Even some of my most random & spaced-out students noticed!
All - thank you for being so encouraging and supportive of Emily. Please keep the suggestions, feedback, comments, and pats on the back coming (to Emily). Since this is her the first she's not always sure if she's doing things correctly or if Wyatt is behaving correctly, so it is so nice to hear from moms...and moms that have done the infant thing multpile times and recently! I do the best I can to let her know how she's doing and how Wyatt is doing...but it means more when it's coming from an actual MOM!
She (and myself of course!) is so blessed to have so many friends that she can go to, so thank you all for being those friends!
Y'all are so sweet; it's so good that you can spend so much time together. I love the breastfeeding pic Emily! You are doing great keeping up with the blogging, no worries there. I think that babies eventually reach a point where they know you can't pick them up in the car and they just start to fall asleep when they get into one.
Post a Comment