I can't believe I was an honoree on Mother's Day this year - crazy to think that I am a "mother" but I wouldn't change it for the world! I had a wonderful day - it started off by Jacob coming home from work with some flowers! Wyatt had a super sleepy day so Jacob and I cuddled on the couch for a bit and took a brief nap. Then he cooked me breakfast and we hung out. April was here so we all go to visit and hang out. Jacob, Wyatt and I then went out to Jacob's parents house for the afternoon/evening. We went out there and cooked dinner for his mom - well Jacob cooked dinner and his mom got lots of Wyatt time! It was just a very nice and relaxing day. My 1st mother's day was a huge success.
My little family : ) minus the hairy children of course!
Jacob's mom and I took lots of pictures of the sleeping baby since he slept most of the time we were there. I love this one because I actually caught a little smile on his face.
So sweet - doesn't he look so comfy?
Here is my one month old little man! We tried to re-create a picture that Debbie had of Jacob when he was one-month old and he was posed with a football. Here was our attempt at a football picture.
Wyatt was sleeping when I took this picture - yes he has a hold of his ear! Love it.
Wyatt and Daddy were having some quality time on the floor - they started off with some tummy time and then just hung out a bit together. I have a cute video of Wyatt pushing off of Jacob's arms and scooting himself across the floor - I will try to get that posted if I can figure out how to do it.
We finished off Mother's day with a big boy bath - here I am with my nudey boy! (not quite sure if nudey has an "e" or not?)
Getting ready for his big boy bath - he was very unsure of what was going on. He didn't say a word though!
Yes Maxwell was a HUGE help - again not sure what we would do without his help!
You might be wondering why Jacob is shirtless......that would be because prior to the bath, Wyatt had a huge explosion in his diaper that went all over Jacob's shirt. It was rather funny!

Handsome, clean Mr. Wyatt

2 comments:
Happy First Mother's Day EmilY!!
Happy First Mother's Day (belated). I have so enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what I have to look forward to in the coming weeks. I can't wait until Jack's umbilical cord stump falls off so I can give him a real bath! He HATES his monkey baths and having his diaper changed, though, so I don't know how the bath will go over. Take care. We'll have to get together soon to meet and compare Mommy stories.
Post a Comment