Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day

Since we have a sickly little Wyatt, our Christmas day pictures are not too terribly exciting - I don't think we even made it out of the cabin. Real quick update on our sick snow man: Christmas day his fever was around 99-99.5 and the congestion was pretty consistent, rough night of having to hold him while he slept because he was too congested to sleep laying down, then today his temperature was up to 100.4 and his snot was no longer clear. So, Jacob and I took him to the ER and got him checked out. Everything looked good but his poor little ears - we have our first ear infection (hopefully the first of not too many). Anyway, today has been better and he seems to be feeling much better - we will see how tonight goes as far as mommy and daddy getting some good sleep. The plan for tomorrow is to FINALLY go skiing!!!

Back to our Christmas day pictures. Since the night before Christmas was a long night for Wyatt's parents, we had a late start on presents. Wyatt was patiently waiting to dive in to his Santa gifts.


"Wake up Dad, I want some presents!!!!!!!!!"



Hello Snotty Face Wyatt

And here he is opening up one of his gifts - can you tell he wasn't feeling well? He totally laid down himself.


Sweet - wrapping paper!!!!



He loves his new little people school bus. It sings this little song that is SOOOO not annoying when you hear it over and over and over again - "Stop and go, stop and go, blah blah blah blah" to the tune of "this old man, he played one...."




Santa brought Wyatt some building blocks that he is very interested in - I guess we will see how long we are interested in the new toys after the holidays.


I love this picture because he totally has his back to the camera - as if we didn't want to watch him open his presents - or he was made at us for not giving him what he really wanted!



So Santa took it easy this year on Wyatt's gifts. I figure we have probably two more years before Wyatt really gets into Santa gifts and making his own list, etc. Wyatt was very happy with his 2-3 gifts - which was very easy on our pocket books!!



Thank you Santa - I LOVE my school bus!

Santa brought Max a fun little toy that of course he loves. We had to block Maxwell from entering the living room so that he wouldn't take off with Wyatt's little people. Unfortunately, Max isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He clearly couldn't fit through the area between the chair and couch however, he kept trying to fit through it OVER and OVER and OVER again. Not so smart but he is so darn sweet : ) Oh Maxwell - life would be so boring without you!



And Cheyenne loved her new toy from Santa - I am sure this toy will last approximately 5 minutes once she and Max play tug-of-war with it.



Later on in the day, Wyatt enjoyed one of his yummy biscuits - which he is only allowed to have on occasion because they are so messy but he really loves them.


Sup!


Now fast forward to today - I didn't think it would be a good idea to take pictures of us going to the ER today, mainly because I was pretty upset at the fact that my little boy is sick and we were taking him to the EMERGENCY ROOM - that just sounds scary. But after we got back, my boys took a nap together and I just had to take a couple of pictures because it was so sweet!
Daddy and Wyatt cuddling up together.


Tired Hoffart boys - not sure why I wasn't napping while they were napping - I have yet to master the art of "sleep when the baby sleeps" - maybe next time around!
Tomorrow: hopefully the Hoffarts will hit the slopes and I will have some pictures to share!

No comments: