Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Arts and Crafts

First of all, please let me introduce you to my turkey cookies that I made! I was very proud of myself and I think they are just adorable. I saw these on the Sister's Stuff blog that I follow - super cute and very easy to make. I would recommend these cookies for a fun kid's activity. Check out the Sister's Stuff blog for all kinds of good ideas and yummy recipes.




Friday was Arts & Crafts day at my parents' house. My uncle Brady is a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force and is overseas until March. My aunt sent him a Christmas tree and asked us all to send over some ornaments for him to hang on his tree. So my aunt Tina (pictured below) came up with this fabulous idea of making ornaments - which of course I did not get any pictures of - boo Emily. They turned out great and I am sure Brady is going to love them. Here is a picture of Tina and my granddad making some ornaments.

The next project was a brilliant idea by my aunt Mary. She came up with the idea of making a little banner to hang around the tree with our hand prints on it. So she painted our hands red and green and we each made a hand print for Brady. My grandfather was very much into the Arts & Crafts and was somewhat patiently waiting his turn to do his hand print. I use the term patiently waiting very loosely!!


Action shot of Granddad doing his hand print.



Even little Wyatt got to do his hand print!!!







We did a red hand print and a green hand print of Wyatt's hand - if you look close enough you can make out his hand print - he was a bit unsure about paint being on his hand!



Awwwwwwww look at his red hand!!!!



Trying to get a picture of me and the babies - Wyatt looks completely uninterested and Riley is just being a busy body.

Here are the Hoffarts' hand prints. If you are thinking that Jacob's hand looks a little feminine that would be because it was my hand print with his name by it - he was busy fighting fires and saving lives (or watching football at the station - whichever).




And here is the final product - our family hand prints ready to ship off to Uncle Brady!!!

2 comments:

the mcgovern's said...

This is so sweet. I love the idea, one of my friends kids in overseas, I am going to borrow your idea for him :) And Wyatt's print is so funny, looks like JT's on the plate they made for me for Mother's Day.

Tanya said...

This is awesome! And your turkeys turned out sooooo cute!