Friday, April 17, 2009

One Week Old

Yesterday, Wyatt was one week old and I meant to get something posted but I just didn't seem to get around to it. But that's okay because I at least got a picture of him taken yesterday on his one week old day!



So a brief catching up on the past few days.......Tuesday night he got his first bath (well I guess second bath if you count the one they gave him in the hospital). You might be wondering why it looks as if we are bathing him in the kitchen sink and that would be because we are bathing him in the kitchen sink - well at the kitchen sink. We have a pedestal sink in our bathroom and then the remodel bathroom downstairs is not quite finished. So kitchen sink it is - Wyatt doesn't know any different!





Here is a picture taken of him on Wednesday....nap time in his crib. Which by the way he sleeps wonderfully in his crib during the day and then at night it is a whole different story. He wants NOTHING to do with his crib from the hours of 11:00 pm-3:00 am. It is kind of frustrating. If anyone has any good ideas please let me know. He does like the sleep position-er and does great it in - otherwise he rolls all over the place.




Then on Thursday, my grandparents and my great aunt came out to visit with Wyatt. My granddad LOVES babies so I am very glad they came over to see Wyatt and get to hold him. They haven't seen him since the day he was born. My great aunt gave me a sweet little gift - some aromatherapy lotion and body wash from Bath and Body Works called SLEEP! Would it be wrong to use the entire bottle in one sitting?
Granddad and his Great-grandson




And here is the one week old chilling in his boppy (which happens to be the best invention by the way).

This adorable little fire department outfit came from Mandi and its a good thing we pulled it out of the closet because he won't be fitting into this much longer - he was kind of snug on him. But I think it is just precious so we squeezed him into it!

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

SOOO Cute!!! I'm glad that you guys are doing great! About the night thing....Jayce really liked being swaddled and that helped at night. We had swaddlers that helped keep him wrapped up. You might try that.

the mcgovern's said...

Awwwww!!! Wyatt is adorable. I can't wait to meet him. We still bathe JT in the sink every now and then so I think thats a perfect spot especially when they are so little. One of my freinds had the same issue with the crib (not just nighttime), they put the whole bouncy seat in the crib :) Whatever works....

schmidt said...

Swaddle!