This is April...oh wait...AUNT APRIL posting for Emily.
I am sitting here in Emily's hospital room while she is resting. She just got some more meds and they have made her pretty drowsy. Jacob is on the couch sleeping and brand new Baby Wyatt is being held by his Nana (Jacob's mom). All is well in Room 1262!
As Emily's previous post said, yesterday (the 8th) was her due date. They went in for their appointment at 9:20 to find that she hadn't progressed any and was still 1cm. However, her blood pressure was high, so they proceeded to check in and she would begin to be induced. She'll be able to add more details later, but in a nut shell...she had a really tiring and rough day yesterday. She was getting frustrated with not making much progress and having some issues with the pitocin...making her throw up often. She kept trying to relax and calm down but her back was giving her a lot of problems and she was just really struggling. I believe around 10:30 or so she received an epidural to try to relax her body and help her progress. She jumped from being 2cm to 7cm pretty quickly but didn't do much after that for the hours overnight.
The baby had been doing well all day but he didn't like the pitocin at all. Aimee, the most awesome nurse ever, adjusted the levels several times, but whenever the pitocin was on, Wyatt's heartrate would drop and he stressed. After many hours of Emily trying to make it through contractions and Wyatt trying to handle the pitocin, etc. the decision was made to have a c-section. Luckily she was able to go into surgery right away once her doctor got to the hospital this morning.
Wyatt Aaron Hoffart was born at 6:40AM on April 9th, 2009. He weighed 7lbs 3.5oz and measured 20 inches long. Jacob held him and walked him back from the OR to their room while the doctor finished up Emily's surgery. Wyatt's Nana, Mia (Emily's mom), Papa Sam (Emily's dad), Grammy & Granddad (Emily's grandparents), Aunt April and Uncle Jared (Jacob's brother) got to watch all the measurements taken and footprints. Emily rolled in about 30-45 minutes later. She was doing Ok at first, but then started hurting quite a bit...or more like A LOT. It took some time to get some serious drugs going, and then she passed out.
While she was passed out, Wyatt had a bath, got his hair shampood & combed, got his hepatitus (sp?) B shot, and has been wrapped up like a little burrito. Emily has held him a little bit and has fed him a little bit, but she's trying to get some rest and stay somewhat comfortable. She has been such a good patient. I cannot even imagine the pain that she has gone through in the past 24 hours. She is so calm and even stays polite during the hardest times! She hasn't eaten since 6:30 yesterday morning and so far she has had some apple juice and a little slushy. She has requested Double Dave's pizza rolls for when she's ready to eat some real food. She's been in and out of sleep for the past hour or so. Jacob is passed out on the couch, and Wyatt is just being a happy little fellow! He hasn't really started crying yet :)
Ok I'm going to post this and get it up and then work on getting some pictures from one of the many cameras on to her computer. Check back for more updates! In the meantime, the parents are sleeping, and the rest of us are enjoying Wyatt!!!
3 years ago

7 comments:
Congrats Emily!!! I will be praying for a smooth recovery!! You will do great! I can't wait to see your precious baby boy!!
Congratulations!I can't wait to see pictures!!
I can't wait to meet him!
Congrats Emily!!! Thanks, April, for updating her blog and letting everyone know! Can't wait to see pics!
Congrats Emily! You are a trooper! I live right by Double Daves so I'll be bringing you some pizza!! I can't wait to meet Wyatt, enjoy your hospital stay and rest!
Congratulations!!! Some of your basketball girl (Liz and Chelsea) have been asking about you! Feel better and enjoy your sweet boy!
Congrats! April, I'm glad you are blogging to keep us all updated. I hope the next few days are restful for ALL of you. Wyatt is such a cutie and I can't wait to see him him person.
Post a Comment