With just days to go until the big due date, I have been freaking out that the nursery is not together. Most of you know this but we have under gone a huge remodel project downstairs. Jacob is remodeling a bathroom and he has tiled the downstairs - a living room, bedroom, three closets and a bathroom! That's a lot of tile. A lot of the furniture that use to live downstairs has been living in the nursery while the construction has been going on. Thankfully on Saturday, Jacob moved all the stuff out of the nursery that doesn't belong in there so that we could buckle down and get the nursery together. Makes me very happy!
April painted letters for the nursery.........first she primed them.




Jacob hung up a few things on the wall and you can see the mobile that April put up. Still lots to do but progress is being made!

Jacob hung up the mirror and the clock that I made Wyatt at Mad Potter - love it! I am hoping to get a chair very very soon for the bare corner you see to the left of the dresser. Maybe this weekend.

Before the wedding on Saturday, Jacob and I did some cleaning and re-arranging in the nursery and then after Leslie's shower on Sunday, April and I did some more work. I feel much better about it even though there are many more things on my list of things to do in there. But, if Wyatt were to join us tomorrow..............we have enough done to get us started. Or so I think!
April painted letters for the nursery.........first she primed them.
And then she painted them burgundy, as if there was another color!
I hope to get the letters hung up this week - my mom found some adorable wrought iron Texas stars that I plan to hang the letters from. It is going to look awesome when all is said and done!

This would be what the dogs were doing while April was painting.
Max poses so nicely for pictures - I love it when he crosses his paws like this!
Cheyenne - not so much the picture poser.......but she sure does love her sticks!
April put together the mobile for the crib while I did some organizing.....Max thought the mobile was a toy for him. He was very very interested in what she was doing. Too cute.
Jacob hung up a few things on the wall and you can see the mobile that April put up. Still lots to do but progress is being made!
Jacob hung up the mirror and the clock that I made Wyatt at Mad Potter - love it! I am hoping to get a chair very very soon for the bare corner you see to the left of the dresser. Maybe this weekend.
Nightstand complete with adorable lamp, picture of mommy and daddy and a real live MLB baseball from an Astros game. The hooks are what I am going to hang the letters with.........temporarily residing on the night stand!
Half of Wyatt's closet - we are stocked with diapers and all his little clothes are hung by sizes! So cute. Organization at its finest :)

Hopefully very soon I will have completed nursery pictures but for now this will have to do! I still need an area rug, chair and to hang the letters and a few more things on the wall then we will be ready for baby!

6 comments:
Way to go on the updates to the 'ole blog! I'm sure other blog stalkers...I mean blog readers out there like me are happy. I told dad that when he goes to TW to plant the tree that he may also be needed to hang things on the wall. He said he'd be glad to do that - that's easy stuff for him! I can't wait to see how everything looks with Wyatt's name hung on the wall and with the rug & chair.
Ok - you've GOT to go to Allison's blog and scroll down until you see the pictures of Abbie flicking yogurt on Morgan. They're hilarious - I literally laughed out loud! I can only imagine what all Abbie had to say about that - that girl is hilarious.
Holy cow -- that's a lot of diapers! You're set!!
Wow, that is alot of diapers!!! The room looks like it is coming together great. I know Wyatt will love it once he gets here.
I'll tell you what I told Leslie (by the by, I've wandered over from Julie...way to use a conference period, right?)...the diapers they give you at the hospital are Pampers Sensitive. What makes them cool is that they have a yellow line down them that turns green when they have a wet diaper.
and your little boy has a HUGE room! Lucky!
Yes, the BABY boy has a huge room...which is why his Aunt (that would be me) is still trying to get a bed in that room :)
The room will look better (and maybe not so huge) once there is a chair and an area rug. And a small bed for Auntie Apee.
You must have the patience of a saint! I'm freaking out that our nursery isn't finished (my husband and our friend are currently putting down flooring...again) and I have 6 weeks to go! Good luck with everything and make sure to send pictures with April!
Post a Comment