Ash went to school last Thursday and was pretty much in labor at school, had her doctor's appt that day and was admitted to the hospital about 4:30 that afternoon. Then her little precious bundle of joy was born around 12:50 am Friday morning! Her labor and delivery went textbook perfectly and now the pressure is on me to carry on the tradition of being one tough mama!
So here HE is.....Caleb Andrew 9 lbs, 20.5 inches and NO EPIDURAL!!! She is one amazing woman!
My goal over spring break was to sort through all the baby gifts that have been residing in my living room still in the bags from various showers. My mom came to help me on Monday and my grandparents drove over for the afternoon as well. We sorted through all the gifts, made a take back pile and then my mom and my grandmother got everything washed and put away in either Wyatt's closet or his drawers. I felt very very good about our accomplishments. Then Tuesday my mom and I ran all over town returning what gifts I didn't need or had duplicates of, then purchasing items that I needed before Wyatt gets here. Needless to say I was pooped when we got home that evening. Let's see, Wednesday all of my girlfriends from school met at Berryhill for lunch on the patio. It was great to just sit around and visit and enjoy the weather! The only picture I have from that afternoon is of Kate's nieces! They are too cute.
On Thursday, Jacob and I visited pediatricians! We met two wonderful doctors and just need to make a decision. Friday, I rested and just did things around the house. Then Saturday I got my toes done, rested some more and then we had a wedding reception that night out in Cleveland, Texas. It was a crawfish boil and Jacob and I devoured some serious crawfish! Today, I am ashamed to say we both slept in and skipped church. I told him yesterday that this may be the last day we can sleep in for a while so we took advantage of it. It is noon and he is still in bed! And I am about to lay down on the couch and read. Bums, yes I know but our lives are about to get turned upside down and I think we should rest while we can, right?!
Back to school tomorrow...........I need to get ready for my long term sub but I know it is going to be hard to get back into the swing of things after being off this week and moving at my own pace. Should be interesting to see if Wyatt decides to join us this week!!
SO EXCITING........I am getting very very anxious and excited!

5 comments:
Em, I can't believe Wyatt is going to be here so soon! I'm so excited :) Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Hugs!
Oh girl, get that rest while you can! There will be no sleeping in soon!
TWO MORE WEEKS!! Your little cowboy will be here soon!
Yeeeeeehaw...Wyatt Aaron Hoffart...it's hard to say that without a little draw. And I'm sure Jacob will say it with a HUGE accent!!!
I bet he will TOTALLY be a ladies' man!!! :)
Post a Comment