Yep.....we are back from our babymoon and I am a bit sad. We had such a nice, relaxing time on our trip and now its back to reality. Boo!!






First of all, a huge THANK YOU to my parents for letting us use the cabin and being "exclusive snobs" (my sister's words) by not letting others go with us. Sorry, but I know our lives are about to be turned upside down in just a few short months and I realize we won't have much, if any, alone time in the very very near future - who can blame us for wanting to take a little time to get away while we can?!
Let's see....the last day we were there we went snow mobiling over near Pagosa Springs. It was fun but I was SOOOOO nervous with every little bump and turn. I felt bad for Jacob because I know he wanted to just let loose on the snow mobile and drive like a mad man but he had some very precious cargo on board that kept saying "a little slower please"! I did get of the machine for a bit and let him go wild and crazy. So that was New Year's Eve....and we might have been in bed by 11:30 Texas time ONLY because we were getting up quite early to drive back home! We did say Happy New Year to each other before going to bed - does that count? Maybe a bit lame but oh well. Alarm went off at 5:00 am and we were on the road by 6:00 am Mountain time. Then 16 hours later we were home and ready to crash! And I must say I am quite impressed because my husband drove the ENTIRE way home. And his co-pilot stayed awake with him the whole way! Alright enough blabbing - here are some more pictures of our trip.
Happy New Year Y'all!!!
Wednesday morning we had 5 wild turkeys outside the cabin eating the deer feed! They are such funny little things - they cleaned up what the deer didn't eat and they weren't at all bothered by the deer that were still lingering around ready to be fed again.
Just a recap of all the interesting wild life we saw on our trip:
*Camels outside of Wichita Falls
*Antelope all through New Mexico - herds and herds of antelope
*Llamas...somewhere on the way back yesterday - between Amarillo and Quanah
*Mule Deer out the waaa-zoooo!
*Turkeys
*Elk! I was so excited that we saw a herd of Elk on our way home yesterday - outside of Alamosa, Colorado
*Coyotes
*and of course horses and cows
*oh yes, we saw one lone Mule standing near a windmill both on the way there and on the way back.......maybe near Vernon, Texas?
Good times! And here is one last cute picture of Karsen with one of her new Christmas toys! The dogs were such great travelers - they slept most of the time and woke up every now and then to see where we were - then back to sleep. I just hope our children are as good of travelers as our dogs!!

2 comments:
So glad that yall had a great time! Love the pics of all the snow...I can almost smell the clear, fresh mountain air!
Yep, yall were true to "The Woodlands" stereotpye of being exclusive & snobby. But whatever. I'm obviously over it. Ha ha.
Love the CO pics - was it sunny the whole time yall were there? And that's such a cute picture of Karsen and her new toy. Hopefully it will stay in 1 piece and stuffed like toys are supposed to be!
Post a Comment