Friday, January 2, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like A Nursery!

I know that some of you will not be interested in the following pictures but I know my family will so just bare with me. Before Christmas, Wyatt's furniture came in and Jacob drove down to pick it up. April and I met Jacob at Babies-r-us and we began our registry. We also finally picked out some bedding which I am very excited about. So we return home and Jacob and his brother Jared put together the crib! Woo-hoo.......the nursery is beginning to take form. The room was already painted two colors - two walls were tan and the other two walls were purplish/blue - however, the bedding we picked out was not going to go with the current wall color so Jacob said he would paint the room! Yay!!!

Since we got in so late last night from our trip, I literally unloaded just a few items and then showered and went straight to bed.....didn't really walk around the house or do much of anything in the other rooms. Then, this morning I get up and walk down the hallway and glance in the room that will be the nursery and notice that the furniture was moved into the middle of the room. This peaks my interest and I walk into the bedroom and notice that while we were gone, Wyatt's room got painted! Jared stayed here while we were out of town so I immediately knew he had something to do with it. I wake up Jacob and say "did you know the nursery got painted?" and he says yes that Jared and April painted it while we were gone! I was so excited and shocked and maybe started to get a little teary eyed. That was such a nice thing for them to do for us! I can't thank them enough because Jacob has made it VERY clear that he does not like to paint and I was very much wondering when that would get done. But now we don't have to worry about painting thanks to our wonderful brother and sister!!!

And now I present to you the first of many pictures of Wyatt's nursery.....


So above the crib I want to put his name on the wall - you know, with those cute little letters that I see in every one's nursery pictures! I want to find some cute little star hooks to hang the letters from. I think that will be super-duper cute :)


Now, in this corner I am going to put the rocker/glider - which I haven't even picked out. But whatever we get will go in this corner. This nightstand will be moved to another corner until it's time for Wyatt to have a big boy bed and need a nightstand.


The nightstand is going to live in this corner for now. We have a mirror to go above the dresser that we haven't put up yet - mainly because I was wanting to paint first before putting the mirror up. So hopefully it will go up soon. And you can see Wyatt's college fund in the making (the water jug/coin collector)!!

And just another angle of the dresser that leads to the door. The dogs needed to make an appearance on the blog again!

So that is his nursery - or the start to his nursery. Much more to be done but I am so glad to have the room painted and the furniture put into place! I want to get a nice sized area rug for the middle of the room as well.

Here is the bedding that we picked out - I am going to see if I can find some better pictures of it, but you can kind of tell what it looks like. Very boy and Jacob loved it! I like the dark, warm colors and I think it will look great with the color of the furniture and the freshly painted walls!


Another picture of it - obviously I won't have the name Carter on the wall! I would like his name to be a tad bit smaller and like I mentioned having some little stars to hang the letters from.
And last picture of the bedding.

Yay for the nursery!!! Woo-hoo.








4 comments:

rrtodds said...

I hated to see the wonderful blue walls go...but I do like the new paint. They both worked really, REALLY hard getting it all done. What a great aunt and uncle!!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I understand how Jacob feels.I don't like to pain either, so I even got a little teary eyed at the nice gesture! ha :) Love the room! I can't wait for Wyatt to see it.

April said...

Are you sure that is how you want the room arranged? Where is my bed going to be??? Pretty sure that was my room (and Hayden's) first, therefore I need a bed for when I'm visiting my nephew!

I'll email you pictures of the night-o-painting...hee hee...

schmidt said...

Awe...I love the bedding!

Now I'm off to look at your checklist...