Saturday, January 31, 2009

Basketball Girls Throw a Bridal Shower for Kate

Today, our 8th grade basketball girls hosted a bridal shower for Kate at one of our player's homes. It was so much fun seeing all the girls dressed up and looking so girly and pretty! We are use to seeing them in athletic clothes with hair in pony tails and all sweaty. The moms that hosted the shower did a wonderful job and it was just a lot of fun. I took pictures today - so pregnant Emily will not be in any of them (fine by me!) - but here are some of Kate and the girls!

All the girls with Kate in the middle back. The house we were at was right on the golf course and absolutely gorgeous!

Girls being girls and making silly faces. Gotta love 'em though!

Photo session on the golf course!!

Bride and Groom-to-be practice for the big day by cutting the cake! Chris was a good sport and showed up towards the end of the shower to help with the gifts - the girls about freaked out when he got there!

Kate and I both love this group of girls - they are a lot of fun and really made basketball season quite enjoyable this year. We will miss them next year!

For me, this basketball season was the end of my coaching career and this was a great group of girls to end on. Time to focus on being a mom and the best wife I can be to my fabulous husband!!

1 comment:

April said...

This was such a sweet post! Literally, I almost had an Emily moment and almost got teary eyed. That is so sweet of them to have that shower for Kate - and I love that Chris showed up. What a good sport to be around a bunch of middle school age GIRLS! I bet they did freak out...especially with him being such a cutie and all dressed up! I love how happy Kate looks - and beautiful too - she's going to be a magazine cover kind of bride.

I'm so so so happy for you that you're not going to be coaching anymore due to all the time that it takes. I'm happy for you that you're ready to start a new chapter in your life as wife and mommy (I'll start that chapter in approximately 15 years). I'm happy for you that you're ending on a really good note and that you had such a good last crop of athletes to work with. It will be interesting to "just" be a teacher! As you well know, coaching adds a completely different element to the relationships you build with students and parents...some good, some bad! That's always something I've enjoyed - getting to see kids outside of the classroom, seeing other talents and other sides of their personalities!

Ok I'm done being cheesy :)