Jacob and I decided that before the baby arrives in April, it would be good to get away and spend some quality time together just the two of us. So sweet isn't it?! And so we have
Hoffart Babymoon '08. I would love to take credit for the title
Babymoon but I have read about it several books and several
pregnancy magazines. Anyway - we were all about this and decided we would head up to my parents cabin in Colorado for a week of absolute NOTHING! And let me tell you, it has been great. We are still up here relaxing, sitting by the fire, watching movies and reading books. We will head back on the 1st but I wanted to post a few pictures of all the fun we are having. We really haven't done all that much....gone for a few walks with the dogs, fed the deer and Jacob did a little bit of sledding. Tomorrow we are going on a snow mobile ride with a guy Jacob works with and his family. Should be a good time and more pictures to share after that. But here are a few so far to get you started.
Babymoon '08...........

After a little sledding......well Jacob did the sledding and I did the picture taking! The dogs went nuts with him sledding - it was funny watching them run down the mountain in front of him. There may have been a small accident where Cheyenne got caught up under the sled but no harm done!
This is the biggest guy we have seen up here so far. When we first got up here and pulled into the driveway, I looked down the road and saw some deer. We drove around the neighborhood for a few minutes and saw about 40-50 deer just hanging out and going from house to house to snack. We saw this big guy with two other good size bucks. But since then we haven't seen him. Every day we have anywhere form 10-20 just hanging outside our cabin. It's quite entertaining!

Max is the ultimate snow dog - he loves to run through the snow and bury his face in the snow looking for whatever he can find. Too cute. This was when we first got up here and he went a little nuts!

We took the dogs on a walk after we unloaded and got settled in. Jacob dove into the snow and the dogs followed.
Karsen decided to use Jacob as her little chair while she looks down the street at some deer! Silly girl.

This is just outside the front door! I am telling you the deer are EVERYWHERE and obviously will eat out of your hand.

Pretty girl
Karsen sitting on the front porch.

A few sledding pictures......here comes Jacob down our little sled run......very fast mind you!

After catching a little air, he had enough momentum to continue across the street and into the powder.

And then he had to crawl himself out of the powder. You can see how deep the snow is up here! Gotta love it! If you are wondering where the dogs are, I had to put them on their leashes so they wouldn't attack him coming down the sled run!

After all the sledding fun, the dogs were pooped!
Like I said I will post more after we get back. Snow mobiling tomorrow and then heading back Thursday! Hoffart Babymoon '08 has been quite a success!
6 comments:
LOVE the pics!! The snow is amazing in the sunshine. Looks like yall had fresh powder on the front deck! Can't wait to see more pics...be sure and take some of the cabin.
I would tell you good pictures and fun stories but I am still mad at you and this just made it WORSE.
It looks like y'all are having a great time! I'm jealous :) See you Monday!
I want a Babymoon! I alredy have two kids, though. Does that mean I can't have one?
It looks gorgeous there. What a fun trip!
It looks like y'all had a blast in CO - I'm jealous! I'm so glad that y'all did that together! I hope you're feeling well!
Post a Comment