Thursday, January 15, 2009

Posting just to post!

Here I sit in my classroom while my kids are taking their final exam and I am B.O.R.E.D. to pieces. Therefore, I find myself wanting to post something, merely just to post!

Quick recap of my week thus far (I am trying to be all fancy with my words!).........

Tuesday Night - First night of Prepared Childbirth class! Woo-hoo. I was very anxious, excited, nervous about going to childbirth class. I really thought I would leave there scared to death of what was in store for me in the next few months. But really, I now find myself thinking "could I possibly do this on my own as in a-natural?" and just overall excited about the whole process. I am amazed by the human body and how everything works in the whole childbearing and childbirth process. It truly blows my mind to think that mommy's and baby's body just know what to do and make it happen, of course when the time is right! Jacob and I are taking this class with our friends Ashley and Lucas (they are due 3.5 weeks ahead of us) and it is really nice to have some friends going through the same process with us. Quite comforting actually. Jacob was just so cute with it all - and then at the end of the class our instructor, Bobbilyn, instructed the daddy's on how to give a hand massage and I thought I was going to fall asleep right there in the chair! It was wonderful and perfect and I didn't want the massage to end. Overall, it was a good night. We then went to dinner with Ashley and Lucas which was fun and yummy, but put us home late and that 4:20 am alarm sure went off a bit too soon the next morning.

Wednesday - 28 week appointment! I finally got to drink the yummy orange glucose drink that I have been hearing so much about. Yum-o. Not exactly, but it could have been much worse. So, you drink the drink and the you have to tell the receptionist when you finish because you have to get your blood drawn an hour after finishing the drink. Well, I sit back down on the comfy couch in the waiting area and Wyatt begins to really move around. I love it when he moves - and I usually try to put my hand on my belly to feel him because it is just so incredible! I like to think that he is saying "Hey mom, whats up" or something along those lines. I get called back by the nurse and do the whole weight thing and blood pressure thing - which by the way I have stopped asking the nurse how much weight I have gained because I find that my blood pressure tends to go up afterwards because I am soooo bothered by the number she usually tells me! Next, I get to visit with my doctor and we listened to Wyatt's heartbeat and he kicks the little heartbeat thingy twice - it was the funniest thing! Big kicks - like get that off of me! After visiting with her, I head back to the waiting room because I have to wait another 35 minutes before I get blood drawn. Needless, to say - very short and uneventful appt. Not too much going on - I always forget to ask questions, like how big is he, etc. But I am now down to going in every two weeks and I will make a list of questions next time because I do wonder how he is measuring. That is kind of important!

Thursday (today) - Last day of semester exams - yes we finish our semester after the Christmas break. The kids get a 4 day weekend and we have a teacher workday tomorrow and then Monday off! Yay. But another exciting thing is that tonight is my second to last basketball game to coach!! Woo-hoo! I couldn't be more excited! I really do love my basketball girls - they are such a fun group of girls - but I am ready to hang up my coaching hat and whistle and focus on Wyatt and Jacob and being the best mom and wife I can be! Go Emily! I have coached all 8 years that I have been teaching and I always said I would coach until I had kids - well the time is getting here pretty quickly and I am ready to be JUST a teacher and mom! I can't think of anything more I would like to do!

I guess that is all for now. I have an extremely busy weekend - Kate's bachelorette party and then family birthday on Sunday - so I hope to have some pictures posted by Monday!

2 comments:

April said...

Not to be rude, but SHUT UP about the weight comments. You're pregnant. Pregnant people gain weight. They have to.

Kristyn said...

Wow...you sure were bored today. You wrote ALOT! :) Just as your friend April wrote...pregnant people gain weight....it's NORMAL!!! You will lose it. So get over it :)