Friday, April 25, 2014

Wyatt's first hunting trip (December 2013)

December 20, 2013

Jacob and Wyatt went hunting over the weekend of 12/20-12/21 way back in 2013!  Yes I am that backed up on posts but I am making huge efforts (with the help of my mom) to get caught up : )  So now Jacob can get off my back about it!  Love you dear!

The boys took off Friday morning for Weimar, Texas to go deer hunting!!  Jacob took all of these pictures so all the photo creds go to him - good job babe!

Ready to head out - all systems are a GO!!  I think the story goes that this guy had to stop for restroom breaks several times along the way - side of the road and all!

Once in Weimar, the boys headed to Kelby's family farm to get everything set up.  Fun little fact:  Wyatt refers to Kelby as "Uncle Kelby" and I absolutely love it!






Jacob said that Wyatt did a pretty good job in the deer blind, his words "about as good as a 4 year old could do".....attention span was a little issue but that's a given.


Jacob said the binoculars entertained him for a little while.


Then these entertained him for a little while longer.....

Then out came the phone with games on it!

Cracks me up!  I can only imagine the 2 of them together and QUIET in a deer blind.


Love this smile : )



Sadly the first hunting experience ended empty handed on Friday.  Early Saturday, Jacob said it was rainy a little bit but they were prepared to head out.  As they were driving to the farm, Kelby got a phone call from someone (can't remember who) and he told Kelby that he hds some baby goats to feed and if Wyatt wanted to feed them then to bring him over.  So I think Jacob gave Wy a choice of going to feed goats or going to see a deer being skinned (gross) and he choose GOATS!  Duh!!




What a fun little trip for the little guy.  Jacob said he had a great time and was happy the entire trip.  So even though his first hunting trip was not a success as far as filling the freezer, it was a success because he had fun and wants to do it again!

This is Kelby's mom (below) that took good care of my boys!  She has a candy drawer in her kitchen and you can see that Wyatt found some yummy stuff - bright crawlers, my favorite.  Something else I truly love about this picture is that I am pretty sure she was watching "Splash"!  Love that movie!

No comments: