Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4 months old

Thursday June 23, 2011

Garrett Thomas is 4 months old!! As with the previous months, I dressed up G in the same outfit Wy wore for his 4 month pictures. Funny story about the outfit real quick: I put off taking his pictures until the afternoon. Wyatt was napping and G was hanging out in the exersaucer. I had already dressed him in the outfit for pictures and sure enough when I got him out to take him outside to take pictures, he had the big dirty diaper that came out the top of the diaper all over his outfit. So what did I do? Told him to suck it up and that I was sorry but I wanted to get these pictures taken - bad mommy! I quickly changed him out of this outfit once I took a few pictures. Another thing to note is that I didn't even look back at Wy's pictures to see what all he was doing in his pictures. I just took G outside and snapped a few shots. It's humorous to me how they are doing similar things in the pictures - I guess see below and it will make more sense!

Garrett at 4 months sucking 2 fingers.

Wyatt at 4 months sucking the same 2 fingers!! I don't think they necessarily look all that much alike any more but it's still fun to compare.



G eating his puppy - yummy!!

Wy snacked on the same puppy 2 years ago!


G with big smiles : )

Wy with his big smiles : )


G and his serious eyebrows.


Wy was (and still is) notorious for his serious eyebrows. Must be a Hoffart boy thing.


This was Wyatt checking out himself in the mirror.


I tried to recreate the same picture with Garrett checking himself out but I wasn't as successful.


So what is going on with our 4 month old these days?

*He weighs 16 lbs. 5 oz (78%)

*He is 25.5" long (73%)

*He is not quite rolling but acting interested in it for sure. He will roll over on his side but he hasn't made any more progress than that. Big brother was already rolling all over the place by this point. Maybe that means that Garrett won't be near the busy body that Wyatt is - please Lord!!

*He is holding on to both feet - super cute. Just started this as in the last week.

*He is a good sleeper at night - not a great sleeper but a good one. He sleeps through the night but will wake up periodically and need his pacifier (not every night does this happen but sometimes will happen a few times a night). Good thing its summer time and I don't have to be up until 7 am!

*He is a creature of habit in the evenings. To say we have a routine is an understatement. He takes a bath around 8ish and then is immediately ready to nurse. Sometimes it gets a little loud at our house if I spend too long putting on his pjs!

*He usually goes to bed around 9ish and will wake up any where between 6:30-8:00am!

*He is not so much a napper - definitely fits the description of a cat napper but we working on it.

*He still loves his swing!! But now is enjoying his exersacuer and playmat more and more each day.

*He is full of smiles and laughs every once in a while. Love the big smiles!

*He is truly a sweet baby. Just precious and very content (until after bath time!). He is a good, good baby.

*He is still nursing and eats 5-6 times a day. He does a good job going at least 3 hours between feedings and takes care of business when eating - 15-20 minutes and we are good to go!!


I could go on and on about this little guy but I will stop now. He had a great 4 month appointment. He got a shot in each leg and one oral shot. He was very happy for Dr. Romero and she said he is just perfect!! We agree - Garrett is simply perfect!


Happy 4 months Garrett Thomas - we love you SO much and you make us smile each and every day!
Check out those thighs......and the band aids from his shots : (

2 comments:

vonFRINKenhagen said...

Cute boys!! They grow so fast. 4months already!

The Anglins said...

I love the pictures - I can't believe he's getting so big already! Lindsay has the same little doggy (in pink and green) and loves to chew on it too!