Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby G at 36 weeks & 3 days (to be exact)

I had my 36 week ultrasound yesterday and my mom went with me since Jacob was working. She has never seen an ultrasound done before so she was very excited to see everything and also get a glimpse of Baby G. My mom told the technician all of this when we first got into the room and the tech said that this ultrasound really isn't the best one to get a good look at the baby because they are so cramped up at this point with not much room to move. But surprisingly, G cooperated and we were able to see a lot of him! My c-section is scheduled for 3 weeks from today and yesterday the tech told us he was measuring 6 lbs. 2 oz. (I have no clue how they come up with this or how accurate it is but we will go with it for now). She told us that babies usually gain 8 oz. a week from here on out so we are looking at close to an 8 lb. baby. Again, we will see! Wyatt was 7 lbs. 3 oz so G might just be a bit bigger than Wy.

Anyway, here are the pictures of G - I didn't include all the ones I got, just my favorites! The others were of his spine and one of his boy parts - glad to know we are still having a boy!

G was sleeping for most of the ultrasound - very sweet and peaceful!

This one if my favorite. Hopefully you can see what we are looking at here. The picture is looking straight down on his face - and the first thing I said when I saw this picture was "man, those are some chubby cheeks!" I would never have used the term "chubby" to describe Wyatt so this really caught me off guard! But holy cow, those cheeks look chubby. I immediately asked the technician "Okay, you see babies all day long, are those cheeks chubby or not really?" She said "no, those are some chubby cheeks!". Yay!!!!!!!! I love chubby babies! This one is already taking after mommy : )

Then a profile shot - always a good one to share! Sweet little boy just relaxing and hanging out. Get some rest dude and enjoy the comfy, peaceful environment because once your brother gets a hold of you - watch out!!!
Another funny thing, but we don't have a picture of it, the tech said his feet are flat and wide! Like his daddy's feet - well they aren't really flat but they are wide and the boy (G) has a huge big toe! So funny to see characteristics already favoring me or Jacob. Absolutely amazing!
I didn't get to see my dr. because she had to go deliver some babies - geez! But everything checked out from the ultrasound so I got back next week!
Keep growing big and strong, G!! We can't wait to love on you and kiss you in 3 weeks!!!


2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, Em! I can't believe he is going to be here so soon. I'm SO excited to meet him :) Those pictures are awesome!

Holly_Palermo said...

Oh wow Emily - those are amazing! I can already tell he's going to be adorable. I have missed seeing you and Wyatt at StrollerFit, maybe next time I see you - you'll be sportin' a double! Hope all goes well sweetie. Can't wait to see his baby pictures. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. ~ Your StrollerFit buddy, Holly