Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day & 2nd Anniversary

This picture isn't related to this post but I found Wyatt in his room reading some books while we were getting ready for Father's day lunch! He was actually on his belly reading his book but by the time I got my camera he was sitting like this. Too cute : )





Sunday 6/20/10


Our poor little guy has been sick since last Thursday. We took him to see his pediatrician on Monday (day after this post) and turns out the little guy has tonsillitis - boo. But as of today (Wednesday, yes I am finally posting stuff that occurred on Sunday 3 days late) he is doing MUCH better. All of this to say we didn't start off our Father's day by going to church due to a sick little boy. We did make it our for lunch with my parents and Jacob's parents. It was nice getting together with everyone even though little Wy wasn't the most pleasant lunch companion. But can you blame him?!

Here is Wy with his favorite daddy on Father's day. I feel that I should mention that Wy's father does not normally have a nasty moustache nor does he still have this nasty growth on his face. Not sure why he felt the need to come home from work looking like this but I did manage to get him to shave it off before our anniversary dinner later on this evening. So please excuse his random (might I add unattractive) facial hair.

Jacob - thanks for being the best father to Wyatt that I could ask for. You go above and beyond in every fatherly aspect and I can't thank you enough for everything you do for our son. Wyatt is beyond lucky to have you as his father!!

At 12:00 pm, we switched gears from celebrating Father's day to celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary!! 2 fabulous years!!!

June 20, 2008

(this picture makes it look like Jacob was sitting on a midget chair but I think I was kind of sitting up taller than normal - oops - weird angle)

The beginning of our journey together!


June 20, 2009
(click here for pictures from our 1st anniversary)



June 20, 2010
I am noticing now that we both look about 5 years older - we will just say its from dealing with a sick baby for the past 3 days! And lack of sun exposure! It was much easier to lay out and get some sun last year with a 2 month old than a crazy busy 14 month old. Oh well!
So for our 2nd anniversary, my parents watched Wyatt while we had dinner at PF Changs (our favorite). We then walked over to market street and strolled around there a bit, then headed back to Cheesecake factory for dessert. It doesn't sound all that exciting but we had a wonderful time! It was relaxing. We had all adult conversations. I was able to eat my entire meal. We were able to just sit at the restaurant and talk for a few hours! And when we came home, our little guy was bathed and sound asleep! (note: he did wake up at 11:00 pm and had thrown up all over his bed - which turned into a 3+ hour affair of dealing with a sick baby that only wanted to be held by mommy - not the best way to have the night end but that's just the way it goes!)


2 amazing years married to this man - FOREVER to go!!!

1 comment:

Rob and Leah said...

Happy Anniversary to you, too! I miss the Market Street area. Sounds like you had a fun date.