Friday, June 4, 2010

1st night of summer break!!!

Disclaimer: Friday night was Aggie night at the Astros game. I dressed Wyatt in the only A&M t-shirt that we have - it is cleary too small. So just know that I am aware it is too small but I wanted him in maroon. His Mia will be taking care of the situation very soon - the boy will have an Aggie shirt that fits!

Jerrod Johnson (A&M's quarterback) threw out the first pitch - I didn't get my camera out in time to get him actually throwing out the first pitch - oh well.


Wyatt had a great time at the ballpark tonight - he was extremely interested in the train and did a lot of staring and grunting at the train. We were really hoping an Astro would hit a home run so it would move but no such luck tonight. However the 'Stros did beat the Cubs 3-1!!

My mom asked me tonight how old Wyatt was when Jacob and I took him to his first Astros game. I couldn't remember if we took him last June or July - so he was either 2 or 3 months old. I told her I would have to check my blog - love using my blog to jolt my memory. After looking back, we took Wyatt to his 1st game on June 11th last year against the Cubs! So it was practically one year ago that he made his MLB and Minute Maid debut - crazy! You can see pics from his 1st game here.

Anyway, back to tonight's game.

Papa Sam and Wyatt - I promise he was happy for most of the game even though he doesn't look it in this picture.

This is an action shot of him saying "BBBBAAAAAAAAAAA" while watching the right fielder warm up.


My little guy was very tired - seeing how he already had a busy day up until this point and only slept for a whopping 60 minutes during the day.


Here is he blowing a kiss to anyone and everyone. I need to get this on video - its pretty cute!

See the too small Aggie shirt - poor kid. Sorry!

Um, he was picking up Nerds that he found on the ground - one at a time and then handing them to Papa Sam. He only tried to eat a few of them but we stopped him before the Nerds made it into his mouth. Totally gross.


We made it 6 innings!!! I was very pleased with how he did at the game. When Jacob and I took him on his birthday we only made it 4 innings - so this was an improvement. He was tired and ready to go and not wanting to take a picture with mom.
Trying to get a smile out of him for one last picture.

And there we go - just imagine that this picture isn't blurry!

I have learned to take Wyatt's pjs when our evening plans have us coming home after his bed time. This little dude has had one fun-filled, action packed day! Summer has officially begun and now its time for some serious shut-eye! Night night : )

2 comments:

Courtney S. said...

Looks like great fun...and what a SUPER idea on the PJs...we're coming back late from a trip to Mississippi next weekend and I will totally change Jack into his PJs before we leave my parents' house. Thanks for the idea!

The Wests said...

great pic of your dad and wyatt