Thursday, June 10, 2010

Swim Lessons

I know that most of you will not find this very interesting but this is mainly for my family. So just bare with me!!



Monday June 7th - Wyatt begin swim lessons at the Conroe rec center. Lessons are 4 days a week and will last for 3 weeks. I am hoping to see some improvement over the course of the next few weeks because he really doesn't seem all that interested - which totally surprises me.



Jacob took a ton of pictures of his first lesson - I will try to add a little commentary to let you know what was going on in each picture.

Here is our parent/child group.........we are near the wall.




Looks like he is enjoying this - we were just letting them swim around on their bellies doing a motorboat noise.


Singing "twinkle twinkle little star" while laying on his back. He was very relaxed with this.


Smiling for daddy - so far lessons are going great



Oh that quickly changed when the instructor held Wyatt on his back (or attempted to) and we counted to 10. He pretty much has done this every day since day 1 - he cries big time when the instructor takes him from mommy - so sad : (


That was rough.


Awww poor baby.



Practicing our "reach and pull" which is similar to the breast stroke arms.


Then we did "reach and pull" to the lane line and back 2x. They are suppose to kick their feet but Wyatt just lays stiff as a board - no kicking at all. I am hoping he will get the hang of kicking his feet soon.



Holding on to the lane line. Very interested in the lane lines!



With 5 minutes left in the lesson, the instructors get out a bunch of toys and the kids get to play - guess what Wyatt reached for immediately??? A ball - surprise surprise!



Trying to get him to blow some bubbles - he just stares at the instructor like what are you doing?!



Having fun playing with the toys!

Since I am posting this on Friday.....a few days late.....I can say that we have made some improvement on the 4th day of lessons. Wyatt did not scream bloody murder when the instructor took him from me to swim - he cried a little bit and then just stared at her. I am guessing we are right smack in the middle of stranger danger. Fun!!!

No comments: