Sunday February 26, 2012 - Garrett's 1st Birthday Party
What a day we had celebrating Garrett's 1st birthday with family and friends! It started off with us taking G to the Urgent Care in CS right as folks were arriving at the party. Lovely! I don't know if I already mentioned this on a previous post but G broke out in hives the Friday before the party from head to toe. The hives progressively got worse through the weekend and when G woke up from his morning nap right before his party, Jacob and I decided we needed to take him in. The hives were awful. G was acting and feeling just fine but he just looked horrible. No fever or any other side effects. Thankfully we were able to see a doctor very quickly and he hooked us up with some steroids and we were on our way back to the party!!!
Party pics time!!! This is a banner that Wyatt helped my mom make for the party. I am sure you can tell which portion of the banner Wy worked on!
Garrett's shrine of pictures.
I opted for cupcakes as the main dessert for the party. Chocolate and vanilla and my mom made them from scratch with cream cheese icing - delicious!!
This was Garrett's individual giant cupcake (aka "smash cake"). My aunt iced it up for the little guy to destroy!
These were rice crispy treats dipped in chocolate with some sprinkles on top. Crazy cute and really yummy! The kids loved them.
My dad made this giant chalk board for the boys to draw all over and my cousin, Brooke, drew on it for the big day. Oh and we did a little John Deere theme if you can't really tell!
Party guests!!! Mind you most of these pics of the party guests were taken while we were at the Urgent Care : (
Freemans!!! We love the Freemans.
Sweet Miss Kendall Rae driving the gator.
This boy really enjoyed playing - not a surprise! He might have thought it was his party : )
Love this picture. From what I can tell from the pictures, my cousin Matt was showing Wyatt how to toss the ball up and hit it. So funny!
Waverly and Willa came but I sadly missed seeing them : ( Sweet sisters!!
West family!!! Whit is one of my childhood friends and I am sad I didn't get to visit with them. Glad y'all came though!
And we are back from the Urgent Care and ready to party!! You can see some of his hives on his sweet little face. Poor buddy.
My granddad and uncle Brady - this was also Granddad's 91st birthday. He so kindly shared with G. More on his birthday in another post.
Katie, Kristi and baby girl Kinley! Thank you McGuires for making the trek to CS to celebrate with us.
Hey sweet Jane!!!
Riley girl sure does love her cousin G.
My John Deere boy riding his John Deere tractor.
What a mess these 2 are together!
Getting ready for birthday cake and singing. Front row Diva!
The teenagers of the party - these guys had fun playing some kind of reverse hide-and-go-seek on the 3.5 acres!!
Appetizing!!
I will do a gig'em but I will NOT look at the camera because I am a 2 year old through and through.
And me with my girls!!! 2 (of many) loves of my life : ) And all but one of our babies - big W was "resting" with Uncle Mark and reading books.
After a rough start, the party turned out to be a huge success!!! Thank you to all of our family and friends for celebrating with us and making this day so incredibly special.

No comments:
Post a Comment