Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Naps are SOOOOOOOOOO overrated

My son has proven to be a non-napper. He sleeps amazing at night - we are talking 10-12 hours - and he has been sleeping through the night since before he was 2 months old. So, I can't really complain that the boy just doesn't believe in naps. It is a good nap day if he takes an hour nap ONCE a day. On this particular day - this past Sunday - Wyatt fell asleep while my mom and I were on a walk. I think he might have slept for about 20 minutes. And that was it for the day. I tried to put him down for a nap around 2:30 or so and he just talked and blew bubbles and kicked his feet. I was on the computer and it got really quiet in his room. So, I tip-toe to check on him and this is what I see...........................



Here is a closer look.........................

Okay, so I roll him over and pat his back and tell him it's nap time - time to close those eyes and take a little nap. He rubs his eyes and yawns and I am thinking "yessssssssss, he is going to nap now". So, I leave the room and get back on the computer. Well the talking and signing and bubble blowing continues. I walk back in his room to find this....................


Closer view of the non-napper!



And this picture some how didn't get rotated but blogger isn't letting me drag pictures to different places on my posts so I am going to need you to turn your head to view this picture. Smiling for mom and kindly telling me he doesn't need a nap! Needless to say, I gave in and got him out of his crib and we played and played. He was happy the rest of the day and was very much ready for bed!!
One day he is going to look back and ask himself why he didn't nap when he had the chance!!

3 comments:

Courtney S. said...

Wyatt is so stinkin adorable!!! Love those chubby cheeks he's gettin.

Count your blessings that he is a happy non-napper and not a cranky one. When Jack refuses to nap, it's because he's over-tired and screaming his head off. It's amazing how quickly their little personalities develop! Can you believe Wyatt is almost 6 months old?

April said...

He looks SO MUCH like your baby pictures in picture #3.

Kelly said...

At least he is happy without naps! Parker turns into a very cranky baby if he doesn't get a nap. Wyatt is looking so grown up:)