Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lance & Trudi's Coaches Shower

Saturday night (2-7-09), two extremely gracious football families hosted a shower in honor of Lance and Trudi just for the coaches. First of all, the house the shower was hosted at was AMAZING. Words can not even express how amazingly unique this house was - I really wish I could have taken pictures of the house but it was dark and that might have been weird! Absolutely stunning! We all took a tour of the house and I literally thought I was on HGTV.

The food was amazing - they had appetizers sitting out while we all mingled and watch a basketball game in their outdoor cooking area - yes there was a big screen tv mounted on the wall above a fire place in the outdoor area - pool side nonetheless. AMAZING! Anyway, they had jalepeno poppers, chips and salsa, some yummy dip that I don't even know what it was called. The husbands were grilling burgers and they had seasoned french fries. Then for dessert, blue bell ice cream served on freshly baked peach cobbler. I am not a cobbler fan but it looked and smelled outstanding. And the part I was not too fond of was the fact that among other beverages, they had sangria - which is one of my favorites and I was very very sad that I couldn't have any. Oh well - maybe summer '09 I will have some sangria!

I only took a few pictures of the festivities but here is the happy couple - Lance and Trudi :)



I thought this was a cute picture of them opening gifts - yes I know it is dark but I thought it was cute.





Lance saying his "thank yous" to everyone.



So in their "game room" they have this lamp - which I thought was too funny not to take a picture of......







And they also have "Big Buck Hunter" - Kate and Brant just HAD to play. Jacob would have gone nuts - he wants one of these in his man-cave.



And they have a fireman's pole! Lance and some of the other guy coaches of course went down it. The bedrooms are all upstairs above the game room so I guess this is how the boys get downstairs quickly!


And this last picture is of Boston - he is 6 weeks old and the son of a guy that coached at our school the previous 2 years but is teaching and coaching in Magnolia. Boston was the perfect little boy tonight - he did not say ONE word and was just happy happy and smiled at people. Here he is laying in mommy's lap. Being around Boston really got me into super baby mode and made me want to hold my little man!

Let's see......next event Bunco night! Woo-hoo :)

No comments: