As most of you know, my husband is a fireman. So the guys at the station like to host what they call "diaper shoots" for the guys when they are expecting little additions to their families. This past Saturday, the guys on Jacob's shift hosted his diaper shoot up in Willis at one of the guy's properties. So, you might be wondering what exactly is a diaper shoot? Well, basically the guys all get together and shoot skeet,
BBQ, drink beer..........and my favorite part, they all bring diapers or wipes for the honoree! Jacob was really excited to have this hosted for him and from the sounds of it, they had a great time. I think there were over 20 guys that attended and they shot skeet all afternoon.
I came home last night from Lance and Trudi's shower to find Jacob already in bed (he had to work today so early morning ahead). I asked him how the diaper shoot went and he told me it was fun and about 20 or so guys came and a few of them brought diapers. I was like "what? they all should have brought diapers!" Isn't that the point of the diaper shoot....he was like well a few guys brought diapers and then he told me he had unloaded everything into the nursery. So, I walk into the nursery to see what I thought was going to be just a few packages of diapers (based on what he said) and this is what I see..................

Needless to say I was very excited to see the "loot" of diapers and wipes! We also
received some baby
toiletries and some changing pads and little diaper trash bags. We are stocked! Not sure how long this supply will last but I was a happy mom-to-be last night. The guys did such a good job and brought diapers off all sizes. (I kind of arranged the diapers into piles by sizes - oops!)
We also received this cute little outfit....

I can't wait to dress Wyatt up in cute little outfits supporting his daddy! Here are a few that I have already found.....
Let's just hope Wyatt looks good in navy and red!!! He is going to love his daddy so much and I know that Jacob is going to love teaching Wyatt all about his job and how to serve his community and people to the best of his ability.
Yea for "diaper shoots"!!!
4 comments:
That's awesome! I think it's so cool that the guys get into the baby thing.
Oh my goodness! That is so awesome! You are set! I think it is so cute when guys do something for the new dad to be!
That is so fun!! Those will get you through at least the first week!! Wink, wink!
What a cute idea! All boys should have "diaper shoots"!
Post a Comment