Thursday, February 12, 2009

Adventure Boot Camp Videos

So, y'all remember that I teach an early morning boot camp class, right? And by early morning we are talking 5:15-6:15 am Monday-Friday. Yes, I am crazy! Kate and I work for Adventure Boot Camp and we both started running our own camps in September. Adventure Boot Camp is a 4-week workout session and we meet 5 days a week. I am currently teaching my last class before the baby arrives. I am actually quite proud that I have had the energy to continue teaching camp throughout my pregnancy. Unfortunately, I am not participating as much as I use to but I still try to do the arm weights and leg exercises as much as I can.

Anyway - Kate and I are pretty much movie stars! If you go to the North Houston ABC website.......www.northhoustonbootcamp.com you will find two videos at the bottom of the page. This past summer, before we both started teaching our own camp and we were campers, a local Houston station came out to video a few clips of our morning workouts. You will have to check these out and see what Adventure Boot Camp is all about! This was obviously post-pregnancy and I clearly do not look like this anymore but I will very soon!!!

I love adventure boot camp and if you ever have an opportunity to try out a class, you totally should!

Try to visit these links and watch the videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT_FI5kWXY&eurl=http://www.northhoustonbootcamp.com/video1.html&feature=player_embedded

(this video is actual footage from one of our morning workouts....you can see me doing some amazing push ups on my knees! Kate is next to me while we are working out. You can't really see us warming up - we are all the way down on the end while doing warm ups. But we are front and center during the workout.)

and.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3an0W4sOCr8&eurl=http://www.northhoustonbootcamp.com/video2.html&feature=player_embedded

(this video was for a segment that Justin Williams (our boss man) did called Fitness Tips or something like that.....I was the lucky personal trainer that got to demonstrate some stretches while Justin talks! - watching this gets me excited about getting back into shape!)

3 comments:

schmidt said...

You need to get over this weight issue you got going on....you look GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Em! And...I agree with Kim. You look great! :)

April said...

Cool videos! Way to demonstrate those warm-up drills!

I agree with the above commenters and I'm sure everyone else does. I've said it before & I'll just go ahead and say it again - shut up about your weight. You see, I can say it like that because I'm your sister and I'll be Wyatt's (awesome) aunt. So therefore, I have the right :)

You know when there's that one person that looks at herself in the mirror or makes a comment about how "fat" she looks in a certain outfit? All the while you and her both know for dang sure that she's thinner/smaller/wears lower number sized clothes than you. (Maybe I have more experience with this because I'm generally larger than all of my friends...) That is so irritating and borderline rude because I'm standing there, obviously larger, and this person is going to say that she thinks she looks fat. Great...so what does that make me???

And then there's that pregnant person that won't shut up about her weight. Everyone is thinking...enough already, you're pregnant. Pregnancy and weight gain kind of go hand-in-hand. Especially when a pregnant person is not all that much bigger than me-the non-pregnant person! Thanks a lot.

In review, don't be that person. Or actually, STOP being that person.

Ok I'm done.