This morning, the boys, Mia and I drove over to Georgetown to watch Jacob play softball in the Firefighter Olympics (forgot to take pictures - oops). After we watched the first game, we headed to Cedar Park to meet up with Melody and Laura for a little playdate with Evan. Melody picked the location -
The Quarry Splash Pad. I can't say enough about this place. It was
AWESOME. If you live in the Austin area or plan to be in the Austin area with small children, you have to check it out. Melody sent me this
link with all the information on it and a map of the entire park. So much fun!!! Unfortunately my oldest was being a very tired and cranky 2 year old the entire visit - must add that I had to get him up at 6:30 am to head to go watch his daddy play softball and that is significantly earlier than he normally wakes up. Wyatt had to sit in timeout a few times and we had to have a few discussions, which I don't think he listened to one bit!! With all that said, I still had a great time and can't wait to go back and visit this super fun splash pad. Did I mention it costs $1.00??? Talk about good cheap fun!
This is the giant sand box on one side of the entire splash pad area. There is a stone "creek" going around the entire sand box so that the kids can wash off their feet every time they leave the sand. Wyatt spent a lot of time in the sand. We might have had a "throwing sand in a little girl's face" situation that did result in timeout and me forcing him to apologize to the hysterically screaming little girl.

Wyatt and Evan took to the sand right away.


Evan is my birthday buddy and is 4 months younger than Wyatt.

He was ready for his play time snack quite early into the visit!!

And here is the splash pad side of things......it is so Austin in my opinion and I loved it!! The huge sand box is just on the other side of that bridge you see in the picture below. Its hard to tell from this picture but water was coming out of all different fountains and you can see the waterfall on the far left of the picture.

Another view of all the water fun.

Yep, that's a rock slide!! I didn't let Wyatt go down it because there was a pretty big drop off at the bottom and I was afraid he might hit his head. But the big kids seemed to really enjoy it.

This was towards the end of our visit when I was trying to rinse all the sand out of Wyatt's swimsuit. He was very intrigued as to what this little boy was doing. The little boy on the other hand was not enjoying Wyatt staring at him - I thought it was pretty funny!


After loading up all of our stuff and getting all the sand rinsed out of all places, Wyatt and Evan enjoyed a snow cone with their grandmothers! Nonnie and Mia with their oldest grandsons.
So cute!!!!! Boys and their snow cones.

April told me the other day I need more pictures of me with Garrett so I had Melody take one! We like to dress in stripes thank you very much!!

Even though Mia and I were completely exhausted after our playdate at the splash pad, we had a blast and can't wait to do it again!!
Seriously, you guys have to go to this place : )
1 comment:
Such a fun place, and what great friends!!
Post a Comment