Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 months old!!

This precious little butterball celebrated his 5 month birthday yesterday, Saturday July 23rd. 5 months?? Really?? Time needs to seriously SLOW DOWN! How can my baby already be 5 months old. That is just crazy. But what joy this 5 month old has brought to our lives!! He is such a sweet, sweet baby and I can't keep my lips off of him - in a non creepy way! I think I kiss his little chubby cheeks about 5,000 times a day. Our 5 month old will roll over but doesn't make a habit of it! He is perfectly content in whatever position I put him down in, well he might not love being on his tummy for too long. He recently developed this wonderful, loud, extremely high pitched squeal and thinks its just the best thing ever. I disagree but who am I to tell him to keep it down!! He LOVES watching his big brother and smiles at him with such adoration that it melts my heart. Tonight at dinner, I was getting on to the big brother for something (who knows it could have been a million of things) and Wyatt starts crying. I notice that Wyatt starts staring at Garrett. So I look over at Garrett who was smiling at his brother from ear to ear - it was too precious!! Wyatt didn't think it was precious but I did : )

Garrett is still the perfect "go with the flow" baby. He gets drug all over the place and rarely voices his opinion on it. He takes after his big brother in the sense that he doesn't feel that naps are really necessary - I think we average about 45-60 minutes TOTAL of nap time a day. But the crazy thing is that he is so content and happy almost the entire day. If he does follow in his big brother's footsteps, he will start taking good naps well after turning a year old. Something to look forward to! Now I can't complain about naps because he does sleep all night so I will take night time sleep over day time sleep any day. We are averaging 11-12 hours of sleep each night!! Woo-hoo!! He has started eating cereal - rice and oatmeal - and I have a sweet potato in the kitchen just waiting to be steamed and pureed. Hopefully we will try that tomorrow.

Bottom line - Garrett Thomas is amazing and we love him SOOOO much! Each day I am amazed that the Lord has blessed us with not one but TWO healthy and happy little boys!

And now for my highly anticipated comparison pictures!!! I don't think they look that much alike this month - everyone says that Garrett looks like me, which secretly makes me happy because for over 2 years now all I have heard is how Wyatt is a spitting image of Jacob. So to have one that resembles me, makes me smile : )


Garrett Thomas
Wyatt Aaron

Garrett Thomas (check out how faded the bib is now - makes me laugh looking at it!)

Wyatt Aaron

Garrett Thomas

Wyatt Aaron


Happy 5 months Garrett Thomas!! You bring an overwhelming amount joy to our lives. You make us smile each and every day and we love you more than words can express!

No comments: