Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sharing my birthday

Saturday was my 3@nd birthday....I find if I don't actually say the number out loud, I tend to not remember how old I actually am! Growing up I never knew anyone with my birthday and now it seems everyone has the same birthday as me - many of them are little boys - Evan (1), Jaxon (2), Cade (3), etc! Saturday afternoon we attended Cade's 3rd birthday. Cade is the son of Craig, who is a firefighter with Jacob in Montgomery. We also went to Mexico with Cade's parents! Cade's party was a lot of fun and Wyatt had a blast. He wore himself out going from activity to activity - one of Cade's aunts told me "wow, he really is an active little guy". Yes ma'am he sure is!!!

Here are some party pics from Cade's party on my birthday day!! It is sad but I have no pictures of myself on my birthday - things sure change when you have kids!

Wyatt and Daddy checking out one of the horses. Wy was so excited to see all the animals.



Feeding the horses - again, he loved this activity and wanted to feed the horses the entire time. Love the horses mouth in this picture.


We were trying to get Wyatt to come see the cow and chickens but he was more interested in the sand.


We tried to get a big picture of all the kids at the party. Wy was the youngest party goer and was not quite getting the hang of sitting still and looking at the camera.



How cute is this pinata with Cade's picture on it?!


Next up, a hay ride!!!


And they are off............

And here they come!!! Wyatt was one sweaty boy after the hay ride but Jacob said he enjoyed it.


Time for a little dip in the pool. Sadly, we had a pool bag packed and left it at the house so Wyatt did a little redneck swimming in his diaper and shorts. Poor baby. We borrowed this little floaty from the Mapstons. Wyatt was really proud of himself!

He was really enjoying himself in the pool - up until he lost his balance and went under and then couldn't get his feet back on the ground. I went into a huge panic as my child was gasping for air and reached in to grab him - with my camera in my hand. Needless to say, it is no longer working............but I had a backup camera in my diaper bag! So that is a positive thing, however my new camera that Jacob bought me in the spring is broken : ( Jacob was not very happy with me but I didn't even think about what was in my hand I was just grabbing my child. Trying to be a good mommy!


So camera change and pool change. Wyatt chilled in the baby pool for a little bit - spraying everyone with the water hose and drinking out of it as well.


So now its time to play with all the toys that were spread out every where. This was one of his favorites. And do you love his saggy, wet diaper?! We changed him shortly after.

Riding the John Deere with daddy's help. One hand on the wheel!


After more play time in the sand table (which I did not get pictures of but the kid was sandy), it was cake and ice cream time. Cade is the little one of the far left! However, all the kids helped blow out the candles and then stuck their fingers in the icing.


Wyatt enjoyed a cookie - I think he took a bite or two off a cookie then put it back on the cookie plate - oops!

B shift picture!!! Craig, Jacob, Gary and Lonnie.

Last up for the Hoffarts was a swing at the pinata. We thought he would swing the stick and try to hit it but he didn't - sad. Oh and then my camera battery died so that was real sad. But we did leave shortly after the pinata because Wyatt was T.I.R.E.D!!!
We all had a great time at the birthday party and they even sung Happy Birthday to me which was really sweet! My favorite part about my birthday was spending time with my boys and my sister - even though we didn't do anything wild and crazy, I had a wonderful day!!!

No comments: