Sunday, August 29, 2010

The rest of August

Since August ends in 2 days and my last post was from August 8th or 9th, I guess it's time for an update and some recent pictures! My only excuse for being such a horrible blogger is that school has started and I am wiped out. Plus baby #2 is proving to be a more difficult child than Wyatt was - I feel pretty puny most days and have gotten sick so much more than I did with Wyatt. Either #2 is a girl or a little boy with a totally different personality than Wyatt. Which scares me a bit!!

So here are some pictures that have been sitting on my camera for a few weeks. The rest of August in a nutshell!


Wyatt got a little messy with some ketchup one day for lunch! I know it looks gross but he was so cute all messy. He know asks very politely for some "diii" which means "dip".



Mia gave Wy some sidewalk chalk and we did a little coloring but mainly just walked around the front yard with a piece of chalk clinched in each hand - marking some trees and whatever else we could find!


We had our annual August birthday party at my grandparents house a few weekends back. It was a lot of fun as usual and Wy really enjoyed playing with his cousins. August birthday honorees - Tina (8/28), Mark (8/21), Emily (8/7) and my mom (8/9). My soon to be brother in law has an August birthday but he was too cool for school to join in the birthday fun - maybe next year he will decide we are all acceptable!

Wy and Riley just hanging out.


Playing in Grandad's garden.

"Wait for me!!!!!!"

Bossy britches trying to hold Wy's hand and take a picture.



Then she insisted on trying to hold him! Love it.

Wy all of a sudden decided he was going to do some somersaults - not sure where he has seen this or what possessed him to try but he was pretty insistent on rolling over. He almost did it all on his own!


Not sure what she was doing here but I am sure she was talking loudly about it nonetheless!!


The 2nd grader being too cool to smile : ) Love my Hman!

I think its safe to say Wy loves playing with his cousins!! We ended the night with a a little dancing but I didn't even think to take video - pregnancy brain - that's my excuse!




Last Sunday after church, we had lunch with daddy at the fire station. Wy rode in the pumper down the driveway and then played with the water hose. He, of course, loved it up until the point where daddy accidentally pinched his finger in the valve. Oops.




"Hey, where did the water go? Turn it back on daddy."


We don't visit daddy enough at work - I need to make it a point for us to visit him once every two weeks or so. Daddy sure loves having us around - up until Wy needs a nap of course!


And lastly, we have spent many an evening watching the Little League World Series!!! Wy really enjoys watching the boys play - whether he is kicked back in his chair......


or clapping and cheering the boys along! I think he wants to play on ESPN one day!


The summer was fast and furious and I thoroughly enjoyed being with my little guy each and every day. School is back in session and even though I really hate having to leave Wyatt, I am looking forward to a successful school year and of course meeting baby #2 in about 6 months!!

1 comment:

The Anglins said...

I love the one of Wyatt sitting in his chair with his bottle in the cupholder... too cute! I've been wiped out since school started, too -- my new bedtime is about 9:00 this year. Hope you start feeling better soon!