Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The wildlife at the Iberostar

We had all kinds of fun wildlife to look at every day while on vacation. The only thing I didn't get a picture of was a monkey. Oh well. But here is what we did see -


Gorgeous peacocks. Speaking of, I am quite concerned and perplexed that male peacocks are brightly colored and gorgeous while the female peacocks are, to put it plainly, ugly and boring. That just doesn't seem right.



Um is it bad that I don't know what these are called?? Parrots? They sure are pretty and had a lot to say to each other. Most of the time they were all sitting in the same tree but one time we saw two of them going at it and then we saw them in separate trees. They were having a bit of a tiff!

Swans!!! I think it was this one that tried to attack Jacob's foot.


I have no clue what these are called but they were EVERYWHERE. And little tiny baby ones also. Those were cute but the adult version are just funny looking.


And how about some pink flamingos - pure awesome-ness!


Love how they just hang out on one foot.


And of course iguanas!!! We saw many many iguanas and a certain husband of mine tried to catch them every chance he got. No such luck : )

2 comments:

Holly_Palermo said...

Oh wow -- is that the Iberostar in Playa? I've been there! Awesome wildlife. We kept calling those strange little guys "mexican rabbits - hehehe" How fun! Missed seeing you & Wyatt at StrollerFit -- now we know what you were up to!

Charli said...

Those pretty tropical birds are called Blue-Gold Macaws. We had one when I was little for a few months, taking care of it until my dad found a permanent home for him. They are great talkers, but screech really loud too! :)