Saturday, July 3, 2010

Parade time

This morning was the 4th of July parade in the Woods. Wyatt and I were in attendance and I was very excited for him to experience his 1st parade! Just to set the scene for those that were not in the Houston area this morning, as soon as we got out of the car, I immediately started sweating. It was overcast and my car temp said it was 86 degrees. However, the humidity was 9000%! We got set up in our parade watching spot and I got my camera out to take pictures of Wyatt at his 1st parade and this is what my camera looked like.......

Crazy Houston humidity. I had to wait a few minutes for my camera lens to un-fog. Anyway, Wyatt seemed to enjoy this 1st parade. He sucked on a few dum-dums that he got from the soccer girls, waved at lots of people, gave high-fives to about 15 boy scouts, saw lots of puppy dogs, cried after the 6th fire truck went by blasting their sirens/horns (I must stick up for my little guy, it was a bit loud), and had a good sweat going on not to long after the parade started! All in all, our parade watching was a success. The only thing that would have been better would have been having friends and family with us - maybe next time!

Since it was just the two of us, I didn't get that many good pictures. But here is what I did take to document the day.


We had just watched a mime do an interpretive dance to "Summer lovin'" from Grease. It was odd - hence Wyatt's concerned eyebrows.

The start of the parade - he was pretty excited at this point because he could see the fire trucks coming our direction. This was before the crying!


This was shortly after the crying. I got him out of his stroller because I thought he was getting to hot, then I realized he was actually crying. Poor baby. Can you tell that I am already sweating like a madwoman?


I can't remember what he is pointing at - probably some puppies.

Holding his American flag that he was given by someone (again, can't remember).


Cute little chick.


The little girl with the glasses behind us asked me at one point if she could fan the puppies as they walked by because they looked hot! How sweet. I said I am sure they would love it.



We ended up leaving a little early because he and I were really hot and it was past nap time. Good parade outing for us! Can't wait for more - maybe a little cooler next time.

Happy 4th!!!

No comments: