Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mexico Trip 2010

Jacob and I had our first adult only vacation since Wyatt was born. This was the longest I had been away from him and not gonna lie, it was hard at times. I missed him terribly although it was nice not having to be on a schedule for 5 days and doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. That was nice, oh and spending some good quality with my husband was also pretty nice : )

So we went to Riviera Maya and stayed at the very lovely, yet enormous Iberostar. Talk about a huge resort - and lots of walking to get anywhere! But the beach was gorgeous, the pool was relaxing and overall we had a wonderful time. Oh and I came back with one amazing tan!!!

This was our building and our room was the bottom room on the right. We had a nice pool view from our porch. No complaints on the accommodations - very nice!




Day 1 - views of the beach. You guys know how it is in Mexico in the summertime. You can pretty much expect an afternoon shower but nothing that sticks around too long. Notice the clouds.....


Gorgeous water. This was Jacob's 1st time to see water this clear and beautiful.



Some fireman drinking beer in Mexico - doesn't get much better than this! Shortly after this picture, all 4 guys hung out in the ocean talking for quite some time. Then 2 days later they all had jellyfish stings show up on their upper bodies. It was crazy. None of them felt anything but all had very distinguished markings that were most definitely jellyfish stings. Crazy!
The Hoffarts in Mexico!!!


Day 2 - went on a little snorkeling trip. Saw lots of amazing and gorgeous fish. I am not proud of this, but I did get sick on the boat. What a wimp. However, we had a nice trip and I was glad we went.


After the snorkeling we hung out eating chips and salsa waiting on our shuttle back to our hotel. You know, hanging out in sombreros listening to a little Mariachi, just a normal Friday!!


That evening we had reservations at the Japanese restaurant. However, the guys had to be in pants and I didn't even think to have Jacob pack some pants. But not to worry, the resort had some the guys could borrow. So here are Travis and Jacob showing off their awesome, stylish borrowed slacks!

A wonderful dinner with the lovely Tisa and Travis.

Then to top off the night, we visited the dance club on the property called Galaxy and it was full force Star Wars decorated - a little out of control if you ask me. We all had a wonderful time dancing the night away - so what if we danced to Mexican music and hits from the 80s!!



Day 3 - Jacob and I visited Playa del Carmen. We pretty much just walked up and down the streets and Jacob had to learn the hard way that it is incredibly important to just ignore all the annoying locals that are trying to get you to buy stuff. He was constantly saying "No thanks we are good. No really we don't want a massage. No thank you, we don't want to go fishing." Poor guy.

This fruit looked amazing.

Not sure who these people were or what exactly they were doing but it was fun to watch them dance around.

Back at the resort for the afternoon of Day 3. This was the pool right outside of our room.
.
Day 4 - we hung out at the pool ALL day long. No pictures from the day sadly. We had an afternoon shower but other than that lots of sun and relaxing. Jacob spent the entire time in the pool mingling with everyone and their dog and I spent the entire day either laying on my float in the pool or reading my book on a lay out chair. It was AMAZING. Jacob and Travis wanted to buy a cigar and smoke it on our last night. Whatever floats your boat guys!


Day 5 - we had to be out of our room at noon but we didn't leave the resort for the airport until 4:30. We mainly hung out at the pool again, ate lunch and then showered and headed to the airport. It was so nice to be home much later that night and then to wake up to see my little munchkin the next morning.
Wonderful vacation - much needed relaxing time for both of us but we missed little Wy to pieces!!!

No comments: