Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day with my 13 month old!

My 1st mother's day was a complete and total blur - due to having a 1 month old at the time! If you asked me what we did last year for Mother's day, I would have no idea what to tell you. Thank goodness for the blog and being able to look back at that crazy time called having a newborn! You can click here for pics from my 1st mother's day!! (if you really want to!)

So, my mother's day events were very similar to last year's (now that I have just read what we did last year!). Wyatt had a crazy, nasty, head-to-toe rash pop up out of the blue on Saturday so I was extremely hesitant to put him in the nursery at church on Sunday. We woke up Sunday morning and he still had the rash, so we opted out of church and tried to get a little extra sleep. Jacob came home from work and cooked us breakfast (just like last year). April was at our house (just like last year) so we all had a nice yummy breakfast together! After lounging around the house all morning (which was a nice change from our previous weekends of GO-GO-GO), we met up with Jacob's family at The Olive Garden. Here are a few pictures us us at the O.G.! How cute are we in our matching blue?! I know I am cheesy but I can't help it.


After lunch we went back home and lounged around the rest of the day. My parents came over and visited/played and ate dinner before heading back to CS. Overall, I would say Mother's day #2 was a huge success!!
Today was also Wyatt's 13-month birthday! And we officially have a walker at our house - he decided last Wednesday (May 5th) that walking would be his official mode of transportation! I love it : ) The only thing he can't do is to go from sitting to standing without the assistance of someone or something. I am sure he will figure that out soon enough. Oh and Wyatt has 10 teeth and are working on #11 right now - it has broken through but just barely. Love teething : ) it's a blast!
Wyatt at 13 months old!



Walking like a big boy!









This is our newest face we like to make! Scrunched up nose and all. Precious.


An attempt at a self portrait - Jacob was getting home from the store and I couldn't get Wy to look at the camera - apparently daddy was more interesting.



Happy Mother's day and 13-month old day!!!

1 comment:

Courtney S. said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day. Thank you for helping to pick out Jack's present...it was too adorable! Tell Wyatt thanks, too.

Yay for walking! Jack decided on Saturday that he would go ahead and learn how to stand up, so it won't be long for Wy.

10 teeth!!! The eating possibilities are endless.