Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Garrett at almost 1 week old

Here are a few pictures that I've gotten via cellphone, so the quality isn't all that great. I'm very anxious to see Garrett again! I'll get to see him tomorrow, but I haven't seen him since Saturday! Way too long! Mia sent the above picture the other day with a text that said "magic!" Jacob, aka the swaddle master, swaddled Garrett up super tight and then he swung himself to sleep!

Emily sent this picture with a text that said "the rule is don't wake a sleeping baby, right?!" As to not interrupt his nap, Garrett was brought from the car to his crib in his car seat - snoozing away!

Garrett had his first doctor's appointment yesterday. His pediatrician was very excited to see him and everything went well - no sign of the heart murmur that was heard right after his birth! He was a little jaundice but nothing too concerning. He weighted in a 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long! I'm not sure what his weight was when he left the hospital, but I do know that Friday night he was 7 lbs 5 oz, so he's packing on those ounces. Evidently he's nursing like a champ! Looking forward to seeing the growing boy!

Not sure they get any cuter than this :)

2 comments:

The Wests said...

oh emily, he is SO precious! can't wait to meet him

Kristyn said...

Oh my gosh!!! We haven't had the internet for a week and I guess I missed out! I had no idea you had him!!! What a beautiful baby! Congrats!!!!!!