Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back to the blogging world

I'M BACK!!!!! After a 2 week hiatus, I have decided it's time to get back into the swing of things and update my blog. Feels pretty good to have a little bit of down time. Both boys are sleeping even though I just heard the little one stirring from his swing. So my time might be limited - gonna have to make this fast! This post is going to be picture overload and some pictures have already been posted by April but I wanted to get them all on here to document Garrett's first few days.

The title of this post really should be "Our 4 day vacation to Memorial Hermann"!!!

Day 1: February 23rd - April did a great job telling the story so I won't go there again. But this picture was taken just moments after the nurse told us "looks like we are going to have this baby tonight". Being the emotional person that I am (and its even worse while pregnant), I started crying. Not sure why. Jacob was like "why are you crying? This is a good thing not a sad thing." And yes I realize that but I just couldn't control myself. So he took a picture of me. Thanks dear! And probably right in the middle of a contraction.


Moments after being born. Sad thing is that I didn't get to see him for a while because the lady in blue was blocking my view. AND the doctor who delievered him, not my beloved doctor, didn't hold him up for me to see him right after he was born. Dr. Westmoreland would have held him up for me to see : (


Much better all swaddled up. Check out those eyebrows and the scowl on his face.
About to get his first bath. So glad I was coherent enough to remember his bath, unlike Wyatt's first bath.

Not lovin' the bath - pretty sure he still does this with baths.

Day 2: February 24th
My Granddad with his youngest great-grandson!!
Nana & Granddad (Jacob's parents) with Wy & G.



So sweet!!!

My grandmother - Grammy!!!

My parents (Mia & Papa) with their grandsons.
Pushing buttons!! Why are buttons so fascinating to small children?
Faith (Jacob's niece) and her cousin G.
Aunt Stacey (Jacob's sister) with her nephew.
Mia and G
Day 3: February 25th
More love from the big brother!! Can't get enough kisses.

This might be one of my favorite pictures!!!

Kendall came to visit!! These two are a little over 3 months apart.

Mommy and her boys!!!
Giving the baby more kisses - it never gets old! Well at least not yet.
Watching Cars on momma's bed.
Sweet baby G.


Day 4: February 26th - GOING HOME!!!!
G's going home outfit is the same one Wyatt wore home and the same outfit Jacob wore home. Little big but super sweet and precious!
I sent Jacob to the doctor on Saturday because he hadn't been feeling well for the past few days and it wasn't getting better. The last thing we needed was a sick newborn. So it was kind of sad going home with out daddy - thank goodness my mom and sister were there to help me out and make me not feel like a total loser!! Also, check out my gorgeous new pearl necklace Jacob gave me! Love it. He gave me pearl earrings when Wyatt was born and now I have a necklace to go with them.


The hospital staff made me ride out to the car in this wheel chair. I totally didn't want to but they made it sound like they make all new moms ride out in one. Oh well!
And from here the adventure begins!!!

No comments: