Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lake Tahoe - Traveling and Day #1

Friday, November 19th

Better late than never right?! Friday afternoon (11/19) we flew out to Reno. Jacob and I were sooooooo nervous about how traveling would go with Wyatt - first time on a plane and not to mention he is not a very "sit still and be quiet" kind of kid! Needless to say traveling with Wyatt went surprisingly smooth and not too difficult. Now, I have absolutely no idea how we will do with this with more than one small child - maybe the good Lord has designed Garrett to be the "sit still and be quiet" kind of kid that will be entertained for hours by his big brother!

Anyway, back to our trip. Like I said we flew out Friday afternoon from Intercontinental. We had a few hour layover in Dallas and then flew the rest of the way to Reno. The layover in Dallas was a bit longer than originally planed due to some delays which was challenging with Wy in the airport. But thankfully by the time we left DFW, he was extremely tired and slept the entire 3.5 hour flight to Reno!

Here are some pictures of Wyatt at the airport - I am very sad we did not get any of him on the plane - bad mommy & daddy!

Checking out our plane.

I now fully understand why people traveling with small children hang out by the windows! We didn't realize this is where we needed to sit and wait for our plane for a little bit - then we figured it out!

This is something new that Wyatt likes to do - pull one arm out of his shirt and then walk around 1/2 naked on the top! He thinks its great and it drives me crazy.

He really wanted to take these carts for a ride and I had to explain to him that it cost money. Then I realized he had no clue what I was saying so then I told him they were all broken! Not sure he understood that either.

Daddy and Wy checking out planes as they land and take off - I can't blame the kid, I like watching all of that action myself!

We arrived in Reno Friday night around 9ish Pacific time. My dad drove over to pick us up - by us I mean the Hoffart 3, April, Gram&Gdad, Aunt Lois, Mary and Lysny - we had quite the group on the flight from Houston! The drive from Reno to Lake Tahoe took over an hour and we drove through a mountain pass to get to Lake Tahoe. Well, at the top of the summit heading to Tahoe, it started to snow!! It was pretty wet snow and wasn't sticking but by the time we rolled into Tahoe there was some snow on the ground. Then we woke up the next morning to this......


We think it snowed about a foot over night! It was gorgeous! It pretty much snowed the entire time we were in Tahoe and on the day we left (which was Tuesday), we easily got over 5 feet of snow!!! It was nuts but so much fun!

More pictures from the 1st full day in Lake Tahoe.

Wyatt's 2nd time in the snow! He was not 100% into the snow this trip but I think by next year we will be ready to rock and roll in the snow.

View of Lake Tahoe from our townhouse.

Mia & Wyatt peeking out to see the snow.


What he was interested in was throwing snow balls! Go figure.


This is a view of the back of our townhouse.

After a while it started to clear up and we could see the mountains on the other side of the lake. Gorgeous!!!

Aunt April and Wyatt - not sure if he was coming outside or had just gotten inside from playing.

After some good quality time in the snow, we loaded up to head over to Edgewood. I loved looking at Wyatt in all of his winter gear - all bundled up and adorable! He was not a huge fan of having mittens and gloves on his hands.

Action shot of the kid who is in constant motion!

Daddy and Wyatt playing around on Granddad's scooter.


Told you I didn't have many pictures - sorry! Afterwards we ate at Riva Grill on the lake. It was SNOWING like crazy all throughout lunch. We tired to get a few pictures of Wyatt in the snow but as the snow was flying in his face, he was gagging! Strange. He was also in need of a nap by this point.

Obviously you can't see the lake but it is directly behind us!

After a nice long cozy nap for the little guy, it was time to bundle up and help daddy shovel some snow.



Such a big helper!

That pretty much wraps up Day 1 in Tahoe. Much more to come - it might take a while but I do have many more pictures that I am excited to share!!!

No comments: