Thursday, December 9, 2010

20 months old today!!

My handsome Wyatt Aaron is 20 months old today!!! Today he is hanging out with his Mia and Papa (aka Baba). They rode the trolley all over market street and then took some 20 month pictures for me while I am at work : (

Wyatt is doing so much that my pregnancy brain can't even list or think about all of it right now but the most fun thing he is doing is TALKING! It is so fun to listen to everything he says - he will repeat anything (which proved to be not such a good thing yesterday when he repeated something his father said!). He is putting together sentences to clearly let us know what he wants! Some of his phrases that I have been meaning to document are:

"I need mama" (all time favorite that melts my heart and I have to really restrain myself from running into his room at night when I hear this)
"I need daddy"
"I need water"
"I need snack"

"I eat bite"
"I need" then followed by lots of things these days!
"Apple water" (any type of juice)
"Wyyyeeee walk"
"Wyyyeee down"
(pretty much Wyyyeeee and then whatever he wants to do after that).
"Gig'em Aggies AAAAA" then he will do his hands and Whoop! awesome!
"Dump Truck" (I just love how he says this and the next one!)
"Mail Man"
"All aboard" (a personal favorite at this moment)

He knows most of his trains by name (he clearly says "Annie", "Henry", "Jack" and "Gordon") and can tell you that Thomas is #1, James is #5 and we are working on the rest. He will do the numbers with his hands and also says them when you ask "What number is Thomas?" etc. We are working on colors but right now most things are "blue".

There are a million other phrases but those are some of my favorite ones. He has many names down and says them often. Mia is still hard for him and he still says it while sticking out his tongue. Baba, Jared (which still sounds like GGGGGGRRRRRR), Nana is as clear as day, and he is pretty good at saying April - sounding more and more like April rather than apple! He says Max very clearly but Cheyenne is a hard one and he usually just calls her "doggy". Sadie Mae is Mae-Mae and Mikey is just kind of like an M sound.

He is still crazy about trains and loves all things related to trucks & construction equipment. I am guessing all things boy right now are top of our list! Especially spitting - well, imitating daddy! Lovely. He is becoming more and more interested in his potty and going potty but we have yet to actually go potty in the appropriate place - he does seem to like to potty in bath tubs or waiting to be put in a bath tub!

He LOVES bath time and actually cried the other night when I turned on the water to starting rinsing his toys. Tears!! He told me "mama OFF" very loudly and forcefully! To say he has an opinion is an understatement. Let's just say he is his father's son!

Basically, we have blast each and every day with this little guy! He is truly the love of our lives and a true blessing from God. Speaking of, he is really starting to enjoy going to church and will remind mommy if she doesn't say a prayer with him every night - then we get a very clear "Amen" at the end before night time! Precious moments. At meal times, he reminds us to pray by folding his hands and saying (loudly) "mama, daddy" so then we will close our eyes and say our prayer, however he talks loudly and eats his food! Maybe he will get the hang of that soon.

I can't wait to see this little guy in action as a big brother! Just 2 more months!!

HAPPY 20 MONTHS WYATT AARON! We love you!!!

No comments: