Monday, October 18, 2010

Results are in for Baby #2!!!

We had our 20 week ultrasound last Wednesday and the results are in! My parents were out of town and I wanted to show them the pictures in person so that is why I am just now getting around to sharing the news on my blog - sorry for the wait! I am officially 21 weeks and 1 day and it feels like I had to wait FOREVER to find the sex of this baby. But we now know and we couldn't be happier! Here are the ultrasound pictures!

The first picture is an attempt to get a good picture of the baby's feet but the little bundle was moving like crazy - almost as if he/she were running in place - so we have a blurry picture of a foot!

And there you go!! Baby #2 is a boy!!!! As soon as she put the thingy on my belly she was like okay there you go, you are having a boy. It was immediate so no shyness there. I was terrified we wouldn't be able to find out but thank goodness for my orange juice kicking in and giving this baby a little jolt of energy. He was moving like crazy - so looks like we might have another active one on our hands!!

And towards the end of the ultrasound, he got all tucked in and cozy and didn't move. You can see in the 1st one, he is scratching his eye (or it looks like he might be doing that) and his legs are curled up under him. So it was a good thing we found out what he was when we did because he started in a long nap!
The middle picture above is off his back and then the 3rd picture is another 3-d picture of his face.
The next 3 are all profile shots - which are my favorite - you can see his little left hand on the other side of his body. There was one time when I saw both of his legs and I swear they looked just like Jacob's legs - which also look just like Wyatt's legs!
We are beyond excited to be having another boy and I am super excited to be able to use a lot of Wyatt's baby clothes again - I loved so many of his little clothes that I was sad to have to pack them away!
And as of right now, this little guy's name is Garrett Thomas - we are pretty set on the 1st name and I think we are close to being set on the middle name but not 100% just yet.
Wyatt has no idea what is in store for him - well neither do I for that matter!!! But should be fun : )

5 comments:

sarah from the suburbs said...

Congratulations!!! How very exciting! And won't it be nice to be able to use all of the same baby clothes and gear! I just pulled some of Kate's unisex stuff down from the attic yesterday...I think I was able to find 10 things for Collin to use out of about 2,000. Ha! Hope you're feeling well!

Carmen said...

Congratulations! I have to admit that April slipped the news to me via Facebook last week. I love the name Garrett...it goes really well with Wyatt. I hope the rest of your pregnance goes smoothly.

Courtney S. said...

Congratulations and SOOO excited for you! Two little boys will be so much fun. Also, love the name Garrett! Hope things continue to go well for all of you! God bless!

Kristyn said...

Congrats!!!! It's going to be so easy having another boy....well with using all the same stuff that is :) hehe. Having two is awesome!!! I am about ready to have a third :) We are going to start trying here in the next few months. Congrats girl!!! Love the name.

Lauren said...

Congrats, Emily! How exciting and fun it will be to have two little boys. Great name too!