Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Festival at FBC

Saturday night we attended our church's fall festival. I thought it was going to be a smooth evening seeing how Wyatt took a 2.5 hour nap prior to the event. However, Oscar the Grouch Sock Monkey was in full effect!


He was fussy from the moment he woke up until he started playing games. Not sure what was wrong with the sock monkey but boy was it fun!

Daddy got him dressed and ready to play when we arrived at church. Again, not the happiest camper around.


Does this not look like a kid about to go have fun?! Seriously.


Walking up and still not happy. However, he sure was a cute sock monkey and we received a ton of compliments on his costume, which I am ashamed to say I bought the night before - bad mommy.


Dad and Wyatt getting ready to play some games.

There were only a few things that Wyatt could play - bowling was one of the favorites of the night and we bowled about 5-6 times. It would have been much more if it weren't for the line we had to stand in each time. Apparently 19 month olds don't really understand the concept of standing in lines and waiting our turn. And yes the costume is a little small - again, bought it the night before - oops!

Fishing for rubber duckies - a HUGE hit. I am very surprised we made it all night without him getting in the pool! He was very into fishing for the rubber duckies - we did this activity about 10 times - thank goodness for little-to-no line most of the time.




Every year, our Sunday School class does a little photo booth for the kids. Jacob helped out at the photo booth while I chased and wrestled with the sock monkey! I was WORN OUT after the hour that Jacob was helping out. It felt like eternity! Here we are at the 2010 Fall Festival.


Sweet little sock monkey!!!


Here are some of the kids from our SS class - small handful of the kids to say the least! Top row (L-R) Harper, Cooper, Canon, and the little girl is our SS's teachers granddaughter and I don't know her name. Bottom row (L-R) Nathan, Wyatt and Grayson (SS's teachers grandson).

We are going to the fire station's fall festival tonight and I hope we have a happy sock monkey on our hands. Not sure I can hand another grouchy sock monkey again!

No comments: