So what all does Wyatt do now at 10 months old?? In no particular order - just going off the top of my head....
*Pulls up on everything and anything and does a lot of standing - he is walking along furniture but hasn't even thought about walking on his own. I have seen him stand for a brief second without holding on to anything but nothing consistent or for too long.
*Has his own words for "balloon" and "Max" - two of this favorite things right now! Anytime we visit HEB, he gets a balloon. He and Jacob got one at the Verizon store yesterday - random! Guess our 1st birthday party will be decorated with lots of balloons and maybe Max if he is lucky (Max that is!).
*Points at EVERYTHING and he is now starting to point at things he wants. For example, the other night we were eating dinner at home and he was sitting in his high chair next to Jacob. Jacob was drinking a beer and Wyatt kept point in the general vicinity of the beer and making a little grunting noise. So we held up all the objects in the direction of where he was pointing to see what he wanted and he kept pointing. Jacob then held up the beer and he just started smiling and got really excited. Um don't think so kiddo!
*Doesn't cry anymore when I drop him off at the sitter!!! Hooray - this really makes me feel good and when Wyatt doesn't cry, mommy doesn't cry! Things are good : )
*Finally attempting to drink his water and juice on his own. I know, most babies hold their own bottles, blah blah blah - not this kid! Ask my parents, he wants it held for him and he also wants his milk HOT!! My mom says he is a high maintenance 10 month old - my poor baby : (
*He has 4 teeth - 2 on top and 2 on bottom - he has had these 4 for a while (maybe a month or two?) and I am just waiting for more to pop up. Those little teeth are so cute and so white! Jacob says that kids at school are going to call him "cattle guard" - see below.........
*Wyatt has started wearing these cute little shoes that I got from Target and they are the best things ever because he rarely pulls them off. Socks last approximately 5-10 seconds but these shoes stay on his feet ALL DAY LONG! They are wonderful.
*I am starting to give him more foods to try and apparently he has very distinct tastes because most stuff gets spit out very quickly which drives me completely crazy. Take last night, for instance, I was making me some dinner so I gave him some little pasta pickups (completely turned up his nose at and made some horrible faces - wouldn't even put it in his mouth), avocado (again more faces and then THE spitting), bananas (he will eat them if you let him bite off the big part of the banana, but if given some to eat on his own he just mushes them up and spits them out), cheese (immediately got spit out) - um what else?? I hope this is just a phase and he will eventually eat items that I put in front of him. For now, I am just going to keep trying and I am sure I will continue to get spit on - my blood pressure will rise and we might be learning about time out at a VERY young age!
*Wyatt has mastered waving at people and making a noise that sounds like "HI"! He waves at people almost the entire time we are grocery shopping or if we take him to a restaurant. He also waves when I take him on walks or jogging around our neighborhood - anytime he sees someone else walking/jogging. One might say he is a little on the friendly side!
*I can't think right now of other new things he is doing but I will share with you some comments we frequently get about Wyatt while we are out in public. We often hear the following:
"Wow, that is one busy little guy".
"Wyatt sure is active".
"Does he ever sit still?"
"That little guy sure does like music."
"Oh look, he's dancing to the music."
(comment from another child) "Look mom, that little boy likes me, he is smiling at me!" aka flirting - true Hoffart boy fashion.
"I have never seen a baby crawl like that. Is that how he really crawls?" (we get that comment a bunch)
God is good! Jacob and I are just in awe of what He has blessed us with!

2 comments:
He is adorable!!!!
Keep trying with the foods, someone told me that it takes 10 times of trying something new before they really try it.
Hope we get to see you guys soon!
Koda likes his milk hot too. He spits it out if it's cold...spoiled!! We're also having a little trouble with the food. He keeps spitting stuff out. Oh well, all you can do is try, right? Cute pics of Wyatt!! It's hard to believe how fast they grow.
Post a Comment