Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shanda's wedding

Saturday (6/27) my friend Shanda tied the knot in an incredibly romantic and gorgeous ceremony! Shanda and I use to teach together in Rockwall - which is where the wedding was so I was able to see several other friends that I use to teach/coach with as well. This was the first time for Wyatt to stay at his grandparents house without either one of us and I did remarkably well - didn't cry once!! It was nice for Jacob and I to get away for the night and also to re-visit where I use to live and teach for four years.
Crazy to think that I hadn't seen Shanda or Rebecca (another friend from Dallas that I use to teach/coach with) in a year - they made the trip from Dallas to our wedding last summer! This was us one year and one week ago : )


And us now............isn't she a gorgeous bride?! I just realized we are both tilting our head in the same direction - interesting!

The Hoffarts at the wedding - it took a few takes to get this picture because apparently my memory card was full and my husband got quite irritated at me because I don't like to delete pictures (even though they are saved in multiple places) Oops! Poor Rebecca had to witness grouchy, hungry Jacob! This picture was taken after we ate and the boy was much happier!
Before leaving on Sunday we ate at my most favorite restaurant in the world - Gloria's!!! They serve TexMex and Salvadorian food and I love it love it love it! I was beside myself when I learned they built a new one in Rockwall right next to our hotel! I had our waiter take a picture of us at lunch but it looked horrible and you really couldn't tell where we were so it got deleted. We then took a self portrait outside with Lake Ray Hubbard in the background - much better! Yummy Gloria's - oh how I love you!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Gloria's is awesome! My mom and sister live in Royse City so we spend a lot of time in Rockwall when we visit them. I love the new area overlooking the water. Nice photo of you and Jacob :-)