Friday, July 10, 2009

3 Months Old (7/9/09)


Wyatt is now 3 months old - as of yesterday (too bad I can't get my act together and actually post stuff on the day of - I am trying). It sounds totally cliche, but I can't believe he is already 3 months old. I am sure I will say that each and every month and year for the rest of my life! Wyatt is so much fun and I really do love him more than I can even express. I am loving this stage right now. Here are some things that he is doing at this age or just things that I want to remember about my little boy at 3 months old......
~ He is really into eating his hands and arms - he is not really interested in a pacifier but will suck on his hands and/or arms for hours.
~ Since he is doing all the sucking on hands/arms, there is a ton of drool EVERYWHERE! My mom thinks he might be starting to cut a tooth so we will see - but Wyatt is super drooler boy right now.
~ He sleeps through the night and has been for weeks now - I will put him down any where between 9:30-10:30pm and the boy will sleep straight until 6:30-9:00 am!!! Such a great sleeper and I know we are very blessed.
~ He loves his baths and loves to swim - he has been swimming about 8 times now and seems to really enjoy it.
~ He loves going to baseball games and watching all the lights and people around - also loved watching fireworks.
~ He is very happy in the morning and is all smiles when I go to get him out of his crib : ) That might be my most favorite thing right now - all the smiles!
~ He loves to have his legs straight - standing up or just laying down with straight legs - some times he is hard to bend to put him in his car seat, etc.
~ He loves his lion on his car seat and will smile at it and talk to it - very cute!
~ He mimics me when I roll my "r's" at him - and also smiles.
~ He smiles big when I say "mama" at him! He loves his mama : )
~ He becomes extremely relaxed when we go outside - I am sure most babies do but worthy of noting. Walking outside is a good way to get him to fall asleep if he is being a little fussy around nap time.
~ He turns complete 360s in his crib during night time.
~ He is starting to sleep on his side while sucking on his arms/hands.
~ He is holding his head up pretty steady - getting better and better.
~ He is doing a great job sitting in his bumbo.
~ He is really starting to notice his puppies - I am just waiting for him to reach out and grab on of them : )
~ He is noticing his feet and starting to reach for them - he grabbed a hold of one of them in his crib the other day.
I could go on and on but I will stop there for now! I will also try to take a few more 3 month old pictures today and post them soon - I didn't get that done yesterday (bad mommy). My sister actually took these pictures on Tuesday so they technically aren't 3 month pictures - close enough.
Happy 3 months Wyatt - we love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much and we thank God each and every day for allowing us to be your parents! Please take your time growing up so we can enjoy each and every moment!!


2 comments:

April said...

Pretty sure I took those pictures during the Michael Jackson memorial service!

Wyatt - slow it down buddy, quit growing so fast! I, too, love you so much. I could hold, hug, and kiss you ALL day long. And don't listen to your mom when she says I'm making out with you - I just have to kiss you ALL over! That's what Aunts are supposed to do, right?

Erica said...

I'm so jealous of the all night sleeping! Hopefully we'll be there within the next month. If you ever start to miss 3am feedings, head up I-45...we'll leave the porch light on for ya!