Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas decorating in progress

Friday afternoon I leave school, literally, as soon as the bell rang since I didn't have after school basketball practice and I was ready to pass out at any minute. I come home to find this..........

My husband is so cute - he wanted to get the lights done before I got home as a surprise but didn't quite get it done in time. It's the thought that counts right?! I love how he is always doing stuff like this for me - makes a pregnant girl feel very loved and extremely special. Even though seeing him on the roof makes me extremely nervous, I know he is on ladders all the time and trust that he is being extremely careful. Still makes me nervous. He even admitted that being up on our roof hanging off the edge attaching the lights made him very uneasy since there was no one around to call for help if he fell. Not such a pleasant thought. After the lights went up, we went to the Houston Garden Center and bought ourselves a nice little tree. Here is our tree.....


Gorgeous isn't it - not bad for picking out a tree in the dark! Sorry for the butt shot....not really sure why I didn't wait for him to get finished before taking the picture. Oh well.

I will post some pics once we get this bad boy decorated! I have to wait for Jacob to get home to put the lights on because he is a little particular as to how Christmas lights are to go on a tree - so I just step aside and let him do his thing. I learned my lesson last year. My job is to hold the string of lights as he puts them on the tree. Lucky me!

Anyway, while the tree was being brought in and put in the little holder, this is what was going on downstairs.....

Karsen was also pigging out but she ate her food so fast that I couldn't get an action shot of her eating.And this little one was crying by the "doggie" gate - yes I know the gate is a bit ghetto! But it works and that is all that matters.

After the tree went up I may or may not have gotten in trouble for going to sleep at 8:15 pm! Oops :)

2 comments:

April said...

Love it! Love the lights, love the tree, love dogs, love it. I don't ever want to even think about Jacob falling off the roof. Post a picture once you get the ornaments, lights and tree skirt out!

I didn't see any typos - good job...but you type Grandad instead of Granddad on the Thanksgiving post :)

schmidt said...

Love the new house color, btw!! :)