Sunday, August 12, 2012

When my boys play...

they play hard and they get dirty!  Oh and did I mention they usually end up with little to nothing on!!  I am sure going to miss summer nights.  This is how we spent our Saturday night and I wouldn't have it any other way!  Wel,l maybe with some wine in hand : )
And the getting dirty starts off with sand angels.

G's version of a sand angel.

The 2 of them were having the best time.  Lots of laughter!!

And the dirty face begins.

See that large bump on his forehead?  Poor baby had a run in with the kitchen cabinet : ( 

We told him to run around a tree before jumping in the sand.  Gave J time to rake up some sand to make a pile for him to jump in.  He loves running!  I hope that continues.

And jumping in the sand.


Brothers having fun!!  Might be a little shove thrown in there.  Not a surprise.

This dude is just so handsome to me.  And to quote him from earlier today, "I am something else"!!!  Yes my dear, you sure are!!

Yep, he is eating the sand.  Why not?!  God made dirt right?

Love this action shot.  To me it looks like he is doing the long jump!!

More running around the tree - love the sand on his forehead. 

And we have lost the shirt.  This is getting good!

Oh my!!!


Counting the engines on the train going by!!!  He is ready for Aggie baseball.

Didn't take too long for this guy to lose the shirt and shorts.  He wanted to be naked but we said no to that!!  Ha!!!

Quick story:  When G was about 4 weeks old, my dad and I took both of them to the children's museum in TW.  I remember talking to a mom of 2 boys that was telling me how great it is having boys because they play together and love each other so much.  She said it will become significantly easier once they start playing together.  I asked her when did that start happening for her and her response was 18 months!  I remember thinking "oh great, we have a long way to go!"  But now that we are closing in on G being 18 months old, I can definetely say these 2 guys are really starting to enjoy playing together.  And yes that does make play time a bit easier when they can entertain themselves.  It is so sweet to me when Wy wakes up in the morning saying "where is Garrett?" or "I want to play with Garrett."  Sweet moments!!!  Those sweet moments are usually followed closely by a toy to the head or a nice shove : )  Brothers!!  Gotta get use to it!
Sweet (well, most of the time) brothers!!!

And another quote from Wyatt: Man, it has been a busy day!!!

2 comments:

vonFRINKenhagen said...

Man, your kids actually play! Mine just follow me everywhere I go. I'm constantly telling them to go play.

Holly_Palermo said...

Good to see you guys are doing AWESOME. Your boys are beautiful!