Sunday, August 12, 2012

DDC goes to Bryan

On Monday, August 6th, Jacob told me to be dressed in something cute and ready to leave the house at 10 am.  He didn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing.  So, after breakfast I shower and get dressed in "something cute" (which basically means something other than my normal summer attire of running shorts and a tank!).  Then our "potty trained" 3 year old decides he is going to have an accident in his underwear.  We clean it up, he jumps in the shower with Jacob, I get his clothes out and get him dressed in the bathroom ready for the day.  I hear a knock on the bathroom door and since I was already annoyed with the poop situation, I answer "What?"  No response.  So I say "YES" in my most annoyed tone ever!  Still no answer.  "Dad, just open the door", which gets zero response also.  Ugh.  I am highly annoyed by this point and get up to open the door only to find my 2 best friends standing outside the door saying "surprise"!!!  What in the world?!  They drove all the way to CS to take me for a little birthday surprise - pedicures and lunch!  I was so excited that I did start crying but it was tears of pure happiness!  Them showing up to take me out for a girl's outing could not have come at a better time.  So we rush off for lots of girl fun and Jacob took the boys to the children's museum and a splash pad in downtown Bryan.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of us girls having fun but this post is about DDC doing their thing!

Little construction work. 


 Little grocery shopping.


"Daddy, read this to me!"
 Back to the grocery store....checking out and bagging his groceries.

 Little truck playing.  I can only imagine all the truck noises being made.
 Playing with rubber bands.
" Look, my letter."

 "Oh yeah, I can make my letter!"

 Cooling off in the fountains after a picnic lunch.
Fun boy time for all!!!

No comments: