Monday, June 2, 2014

Zach's Graduation Weekend

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on and hopefully I can get that done in the next couple weeks before summer really takes off and I have even more to blog about.  But until then let's start with this past weekend - Zach's graduation weekend!!!  Zach graduated Thursday night and I was not able to attend due to still being in school.  I sent the boys with my parents and I went to Pearland to visit my grandfather.  My granddad, who is 93 years old, fell a few weeks back and broke his hip and his shoulder.  He had hip surgery and is currently in a rehab facility.  Anyway, my uncle brought his Ipad and we were able to watch Zach graduate!  It was was such a memorable moment and quite emotional.  After watching Zach cross the stage, Granddad said "I want to get up and shake his hand"!!


Meanwhile, the boys were having a blast in New Braunfels!  They attended graduation and spent the night in a hotel (big stuff) and then Friday morning they visited the train museum and the NB children's museum before making their way to my aunt's house for the family graduation party.  I made my way to NB after school on Friday so I got there in time for dinner and family party time.




I know this picture is blurry but I love little G in it!  I can only imagine the conversation.  Mia: hey boys smile in a picture for mom....G: noooooooooooooooooo, I don't want to smile.........the boy is quite hungry until he eats!  

Hanging with the big boys in the back yard - Zach and Matt!



The graduate!!!

We are all so excited that Zach will be attending Texas A&M in the fall!  He is also following in his dad's footsteps and going to be in the Corps - can't wait to go watch him at march in : )

Saturday was a fun filled day!!  After breakfast, my mom and I took the boys into Gruene for a little photo shoot - next blog post.  Then we went swimming at my aunt's pool.  After lunch and a little rest time (watching Frozen) we went back to Gruene for the big graduation party on the river.  It was lots and lots of fun!!!


Mia, Mom watch this!

He loves doing cannonballs!


 Graduation party:

The boys were very interested in sand volleyball and later on Wyatt announced that he was the coach while he kept score.  Awesome.


Brady, Mel and Papa



Yep, we floated the river!!!!  Boys' first time floating the river and they were ready to get off and back to throwing rocks after about 20 seconds!



Lynsy, Jonathon, Brooke and Wy

Lynsy, Jonathon, Brooke, Wy, Matt, me and my G

Aggie grads of my family
 Jacob surprised us by showing up with my sister - I had no idea he was coming but I was so happy he did!  We had some great family time on the river : )



Such a fun (yet tiring) weekend!!!

No comments: