Tonight was our first night to read a story from The Jesse Advent Tree book and put the ornament on the tree. Since Jacob works on the 1st and I wanted us all to be a part of the 1st night, we decided to start one night early. Also I need to mention that we had to get Wyatt a little tree just for his Advent ornaments since we now have a very mobile little "destroyer" that would have a hay day with ornaments and lights! Wyatt helped me pick out the tree and helped me set it up. He is very excited and proud of his tree and ornaments.
Day one was titled "The Light in Creation" and my fabulous friend Leslie made the ornament to go with it, the World!! We read the story, said the bible verses and even sang a song to go with it! Then the moment Wy had somewhat patiently waited for, putting the ornament on the tree - his favorite part.

We are now on Day 6 and each night when I tell him its time to read the story and put on the ornament, he pulls the stool over to the bar and gets all set up. He then tells me "remember this one" as he points to each ornament that is already on the tree and we briefly talk about each ornament and what it represents. He is very proud of his tree and I think might actually be getting something out of it!
Such special moments!!!

1 comment:
I have no tree and haven't done anything. We are going to Colorado on Sunday, so not sure how I plan on getting it done.
Post a Comment