Monday, September 27, 2010

Riley's 3rd birthday

On Saturday, we celebrated Riley's 3rd birthday. Pony rides, petting zoo, face painting, coloring, watching football, eating yummy food - it was a serious PAR-TAY!!! Good times for sure and Wyatt had a load of fun. Little booger was T.I.R.E.D. by the time we left and crashed just minutes after leaving Mark & Tina's house. Here are my party pics!!!


I love how she sang "happy birthday" along with all of us!!!

And immediately after blowing out her candles, she grabbed the candles and started licking the icing! So cute.

So these are in order from when we arrived. Wyatt immediately found himself a spot at a table to do some coloring with the birthday girl.


Trying to get the birthday girl to pose for a picture in her adorable outfit and sweet pink boots. This was the best picture I could get!!


Wyatt did A LOT of "cooking" in Riley's pink kitchen. Starting him young on knowing his way around a kitchen : ) Like father, like son.


Petting zoo time. And this is not an understatement: the moment Wyatt entered the gate, he started picking up every single animal he could! There were 5 bunnies, a couple chicks and some other type of bird, a duck and a goat. He attempted to pick up the goat by his back legs but couldn't get the goat to budge. He also chased around the duck for a good while trying to catch it but the duck proved to be much quicker than Wyatt. The bunnies and chicks were not so lucky!!! I was in total shock at how he just went for it and picked them all up - kind of strangled a few but everyone was breathing when we left the petting zoo!!
About to pick up a bunny with one hand.


Cornering a bunny.......those little things are fast.


Putting on a show for the audience of other kids.


He picked up one bunny upside down and had him dangling by two legs. Apparently the bunny wasn't enjoying this and started kicking his back legs resulting in this.................



So we had to take a break from the petting zoo!
Hayden was getting his face painted and I guess I was interrupting his fun. Sorry dude - just trying to take some party pics!


Doesn't he look about 4 years old in this picture?! He was having a good time running around with the big boys.


Getting in on a game of catch. He had just thrown the football and thanks to my camera being super slow, I caught the end of the throw. Boo. It was really cute.



Doing a little test drive. Didn't last long, the grass was too wet and too thick to go anywhere - BORING!




Back to the petting zoo so April could see him in action. But this time he was really calm with the animals.


Beginning to really tire out at this point. Just watching the bunnies and chicks.


Back to playing with the older boys. As if you can't tell, Wy was in constant motion from one thing to the next.



Getting all the kids lined up for a group picture. Total Jacob look!!



Best picture of the group - I am sure there were several kids missing. It felt like there were 900 kids running around.


We tried to get Wyatt to get on the pony with the birthday girl.


But he did this instead. Wow!


Birthday girl taking a pony ride around the yard with her daddy.



Back inside for some video game watching with Hayden and his friends.


We ended the night with more cooking in the kitchen, then a bath. This little boy knows how to party - we don't have time to eat any food or birthday cake, we just play hard and then crash!!!

I have no idea why this video is miniature but if you are able to see it, then you can see Wyatt in action in the petting zoo. This was after he chased the duck around for a few minutes - not sure why I didn't video that. I must get better with the whole video situation!

No comments: