Wednesday, October 29, 2008

17 weeks down, 23 to go.....

I truly cannot believe I am 17 weeks pregnant. Time has just flown by. It feels like just the other day I was 9 weeks and at the doctor for the first time - all emotional and just praying to hear the little heartbeat!

Today we had our third appointment and all went well - very quick and breezy today. We got there a little early and immediately I was called back - well WE were called back. So, I took of my tennis shoes (basically because I wanted my weight to be accurate) and got on the scale - I have gained 3 pounds since my last appointment, which I am very very excited about! Apparently, Jacob has lost weight! Blood pressure was good and then we went to our room to find out our doctor just left for a delivery. Our nurse told us she would be back in 20 minutes and sure enough she was! We listened to the heartbeat which was about 150 she said and the baby was moving around - nothing too crazy but for sure moving around! Then we talked briefly about quad-testing and whether or not we wanted to do that. Then we were done! Well, done in that office......then the best part happened! We went downstairs to the Imaging Center to schedule our ultrasound for next Thursday at 7:30am!!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited and I just pray that the baby cooperates and doesn't play any tricks on us so we can tell what our little bundle of joy is!!! As my mom says, if the baby has my tempermant, he/she will gladly cooperate! If he/she is hard headed like other members of his/her family, then we might have to schedule another US - boo!

I truly have no idea how I can possibly wait a whole week to find out. I know I will manage and I know the time will fly by, but I am just really excited and anxious!!!

Check back next Thursday for a very exciting update!!!!

2 comments:

The Wests said...

sooo excited to hear the ultrasound news!

Rob and Leah said...

can't wait to find out!